A world-class city as your campus
When choosing a college, choose the neighborhood carefully – because the more opportunities that surround you, the more complete your college experience will be. At Point Park, Pittsburgh’s only Downtown university, you’ll have access to unlimited opportunities that only a world-class city offers.
What They're Saying About Pittsburgh
"The most livable city in the U.S."
-- Forbes and The Economist
"2nd Best City for Recent Graduates"
-- Huffington Post
"Among the 20 Great Places in the World to Experience"
-- National Geographic Traveler
"6th Best Sports City in the U.S."
-- Sporting News
What's Going on Downtown? Plenty!
From sports events to concerts and festivals, there's plenty to do Downtown -- including free events or discounted student tickets.
Check out the Downtown events calendar to see what's happening.
Pittsburgh's Golden Triangle measures less than a square mile, but packs in a world of options, all within easy reach from Point Park:
- More than 190 shops
- 270 eateries, from pizzerias and bagels shops to swanky restaurants
- Three pro sports teams -- the Pirates, Penguins and Steelers
- Six professional theaters, including the Benedum Center and Heinz Hall
- Three rivers -- the Ohio, Monongahela and Allegheny -- with 13 miles of waterfront greenspace
- Picturesque, 36-acre Point State Park and 14 other parks
- More than 80 outdoor concerts and festivals
- More than 5,000 businesses, from tech start-ups to Fortune 500 companies
Just Outside Point Park's Door: Real-World Pittsburgh
This is a dynamic city that makes a dynamic college experience possible. Our students have access to experiences and opportunities in an exciting college campus setting unlike any other:
- Our students pass business leaders, journalists, actors, scientists and engineers on the way to class.
- Visits to nearby companies and organizations let our students to meet industry leaders and see firsthand these professionals at work.
- Students gain invaluable industry experience through research, internship and job opportunities with leading companies and organizations
- Pittsburgh is a great college town with more than 100,000 students come to study, including many international students.
- Downtown's Cultural District offers a diverse arts scene with world-class music, theatre and dance.
Video: Pittsburgh -- a great place to go to college
See for Yourself: Come Visit Point Park
Take a day, just one day, to visit our dynamic campus in our world-class city. During a campus visit you can:
- Tour campus
- Sit in on a class
- Meet with a professor
- Enjoy lunch
- See our residence halls
- Meet with an admissions counselor
Can't visit in person? Check out our virtual campus tour with 360-degree interactive images, videos and lots of still photos.