A new look for Point Park's main street
Work began Oct. 3, 2010, on an 18-month construction project to revitalize the streetscape along Wood Street. The project included the installation of:
- new, urban hardy trees
- milled and resurfaced street
- accessible sidewalks and curbs
- new signaling systems at the intersections with the Boulevard of the Allies and Third Avenue
- pedestrian-scaled lighting
- Details on phase one of construction, including location, safety measures and traffic considerations
- Background on the project, in an article that originally appeared in the Spring 2010 edition of The Point, a magazine for friends and alumni of Point Park University.
Wood Street rendering by WTW Architects.