PLEASE NOTE: These directions are for company or third party freight deliveries; directions do not pertain to UPS or FedEx Deliveries.
- The University has two delivery locations at the downtown campus: 312 Third Avenue Receiving area (trucks park on Third Avenue) and 201 Wood Street (trucks park on the Boulevard of the Allies and enter building at main door). A third delivery location is the Pittsburgh Playhouse, located in Oakland. It is the responsibility of the authorized delivery contact to specify the delivery location. This will either be noted on the purchase order or verbally provided to the vendor.
- The delivery hours for the three locations differ and are as follows:
Academic Hall (201 Wood Street) - Mon. through Fri.,9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Lawrence Hall (312 Third Avenue) - Mon. through Fri.,7:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Pittsburgh Playhouse (222 Craft Avenue) - Mon. through Fri.,7:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Deliveries made outside of this time frame will be refused, unless specific delivery arrangements have been made at the request of the authorized delivery contact AND have been approved by the University's Housekeeping Department for Downtown deliveries (412-392-3871) or the Playhouse Business Manager for Oakland deliveries (412-621-4445, Ext. 4617). The authorized delivery contact will be specified on the purchase order faxed to your company.
- Please note that Point Park University does not have a loading dock at the down town or Oakland campus locations. Therefore, heavy items or bulky packages must be delivered on trucks equipped with a hydraulic lift or similar equipment. If this equipment is not provided, the University will refuse delivery (NO EXCEPTIONS).
- For any deliveries that require assistance from the Housekeeping or Playhouse Staff, e.g., furniture deliveries, large computer deliveries, it is the company's responsibility to contact the Housekeeping Department/Playhouse Business Manager to coordinate these deliveries at least five days prior to delivery. This delivery requirement also applies to companies that utilize third party delivery services; for example, it is the vendor's responsibility to ensure that trucking companies are aware of our delivery requirements and that they notify Housekeeping/Playhouse Business Manager in advance of any impending deliveries. Failure to adhere to the University's delivery requirements will result in the delivery being refused and reshipped at the vendor's expense - no exceptions! If you are unsure as to whether your delivery requires such notification, please contact Procurement & Business Services at 412-392-8076, alternatively 412-392-3995/8197 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday.
- All boxes, shipping instructions, freight invoices, packing slips, etc., must include the appropriate Purchase Order Number and Departmental Name/Contact so that Housekeeping can direct the goods to the correct location.
- All deliveries containing hazardous materials/chemicals must be properly marked and must be accompanied by MSDS Sheets.