Welcome to the ID Center!
The ID Center is responsible for issuing all Point Park University cards. Come to the ID Center to get — or replace — your Pioneer Card.
Your Pioneer Card is the property of Point Park University. It is entrusted to each student, faculty and staff member while enrolled or employed with the University. The use of this card is governed by all Point Park University regulations and is not transferable. For more information, review the Student Handbook and the Cardholder Agreement.
Standard door access is assigned to Pioneer Cards in accordance with campus building operating hours. Requests for Pioneer Card access to additional areas should be directed to the ID Center coordinator by an administrator of the requested location. All requests are subject to review and approval. Access requests will generally receive an initial response within one business day.
Pioneer Card Overview
The Pioneer Card is the official identification card of Point Park University. Your Pioneer Card is essential to access all sorts of campus locations, services and events. All faculty, staff and students are required to carry a Pioneer Card at all times and present the card upon request by University officials. Only the person to whom it is issued may use the Pioneer Card.
Valid government-issued photo identification is required in order to receive a Pioneer Card.
One Card, Many Uses
- Provides access to campus buildings.
- Serves as your library card.
- Pays for food on campus if you purchase a meal plan or flex dollars.
- Acts as your membership to the Student Center for the use of fitness equipment, fitness classes and recreational spaces.
- Admits you to campus activities and athletic events.
- Gives you free rides on University shuttles.
- Serves as a flash pass on Port Authority of Allegheny County buses, light rail and inclines. You are entitled to a discounted, one-way Zone 1 fare of $1 on weekdays after 7 p.m. and all day on weekends and national holidays.
- Grants you a student discount at various businesses, including shops, eateries and museums.
There is no charge for your first Pioneer Card; however, there is a $25 charge for a replacement. A lost or mutilated card should be reported to the ID Center immediately. If found, an official University Pioneer Card can be dropped in any USPS mailbox; postage is guaranteed.
Online Photo Submission
Avoid the hassle of waiting in line! Pioneer Card Online is an online photo submission application that you may use to upload a qualified photo to be used on your Pioneer Card. Submit your photo online and your card will be ready for you when you arrive on campus.
Ready to submit your photo? To log in, you will need your Point Park Domain Account username and password. Review the photo requirements and follow the on-screen instructions. All communications will be sent to your Point Park email account. Be sure to check your Point Park email account or Pioneer Card Online to verify the status of your photo.
- Copyright-Protected images will not be accepted.
- You will be required to upload a full-color image of your government-issued photo identification.
- Students: You must be registered for classes or we will not have an active record to attach your photo to the card.
- Employees: You must be fully processed by Human Resources or we will not have an active record to attach your photo to the card.
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Spring Break Hours of Operation (Feb 27 - Mar 3, 2017):
Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Note: The ID Center does not operate on national holidays. Please refer to the Academic Calendar to see dates of University closure.
First Floor of Thayer Hall
ID Center Coordinator