The purpose of cross registration through the Pittsburgh Council on Higher Education is to provide opportunities for enriched educational programs by permitting full-time paying undergraduate and graduate students to cross register for one course at any of the 10 PCHE institutions. Point Park students should not cross register for a course that is offered at Point Park during the semester unless there are exceptional circumstances (requires approval of the academic dean and registrar). Students may not cross-register for classes that are ineligible for transfer as outlined in the catalog.
Students in good standing who are paying full-time Point Park tuition are eligible. The PCHE course may count toward full-time status. There is no additional tuition charge, except for special course or laboratory fees. Point Park students do not acquire status at the Host Institution but have library and bookstore privileges. Credit and grades are transferred directly to Point Park. Cross registration does not apply during the summer or during intercessions.
Click here for Cross-Registration Eligibility Guidelines
To cross register, follow these steps:
- Obtain a PCHE Cross Registration Request Form, available in the Office of the University Registrar.
- Complete the form. You must provide your current mailing address and phone number. This is the host institution's only way of contacting you. (If you are registering for a course at The University of Pittsburgh, include both the course number and the CRN number listed in their catalog.) Have your Point Park advisor and your Academic Dean sign the form.
- Submit the form to the Office of the University Registrar before the host institution's ADD deadline. Do not detach any copies.
- The host institution will inform you by mail (pink copy of the PCHE form) if you are accepted into the course or if you need to complete additional steps to register.
- The course will be added to your Point Park schedule once approval is received.
If you choose to audit or take a course pass/fail, complete and submit the Host (not Point Park) Institution's grade option form by their add/drop deadline.
If you choose to drop a PCHE course, you must notify the Office of the University Registrar at Point Park prior to both the Point Park and host institution's drop deadline.