Plan carefully for transferring credits to Point Park
Point Park recognizes that currently enrolled students occasionally may wish to take courses at other institutions, and transfer those credits back to the University to count toward completing their degree here.
Current students intending to earn credits elsewhere should thoroughly review in advance the Post-Matriculation Transfer Credit Policy outlined below to help the process go as smoothly as possible.
Note: The policy also applies to current students pursuing the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) or the Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES).
Requirements and Limitations
Point Park's Post-Matriculation Transfer Credit Policy has the following provisions:
- Students intending to earn credit for academic work completed at another institution, during summer or any other academic term, must obtain formal permission in advance by completing the Requests to Transfer Credit form and obtaining approvals from:
- Chairperson of the student’s academic department
- Michael Powell, transfer evaluation coordinator, at 412-392-3893 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- International students also must obtain permission from the Office of International Student Services and Enrollment
- Courses must be taken at an accredited institution.
- Students must have sophomore status at Point Park and a G.P.A. of 2.00 or higher.
- Students must adhere to residency requirements (see Point Park catalog, p. 44)
- Restrictions may apply for specific majors and minors.
Allowable course work
- Students may not take a course elsewhere that is being offered at Point Park that same semester.
- Point Park’s fundamental courses (COMM 101, ENGL 101 and UNIV101), capstone courses, and selected thematic core curriculum courses must be taken in residence at Point Park.
- Students who failed a course at Point Park may not repeat that course elsewhere for credit, or receive CLEP or DANTES credit for that course.
Number of courses/credits
- No more than one course (3-4 credits) per semester and two courses (6-8 credits) during the summer may be taken.
- No more than six total courses may be taken for credit elsewhere from the time a student enrolls at Point Park through graduation.
- Students must earn a grade of C or above at the other institution in order for credits to be considered for transfer to Point Park.
For additional information about the Post-Matriculation Transfer Credit Policy, please contact email@example.com.