Professor, Global Management and Organization
- Bachelor of Arts, International Studies, University of Wisconsin-Superior
- Master of Public and International Affairs, University of Pittsburgh
- Master of International Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid, Centro de Estudios en Ayuda Humanitaria
- Doctor of Philosophy, Public and International Affairs, University of Pittsburgh
- Organizational Systems
- Organizational Behavior
- Global Cultures
- Management Ethics
- International Business
- International Relations
- Ethics in Business
- Comparative Government
- History of Economics
- History of Money
Professor M.H. Sidky, Ph.D., teaches graduate courses in the Department of Global Management and Organization in the School of Business at Point Park University. Prior to Point Park, Sidky taught courses at La Roche College, the University of Pittsburgh, and the Youth Learning Center in Pittsburgh. He also served as a research assistant and consultant at the University of Pittsburgh in the area of international affairs. Sidky has traveled throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, South and Central Asia, Russia, Oceania, and China. He most recently traveled to Istanbul, Turkey to participate in the 29th Standing Conference on Organizational Symbolism, and to the South Pacific nation of Vanuatu as part of a research agenda on South Pacific issues. Sidky speaks fluently in Farsi and has been a guest lecturer at numerous area universities, colleges, high schools and local radio programs. His presentations typically are related to current topics in international relations, economic and social development, American foreign policy issues and Third World affairs.
- "War, Oil and the Crisis in Central Asia," Global System Crisis Conference, Point Park University, Pittsburgh, Pa., Oct. 2011.
- "The Challenges of Teaching Leadership Ethics" and "Sovereign Debt Crisis and the Socio-Political Impacts of Austerity: The Case of Greece and the European Union," 33rd Annual Northeastern Association of Business, Economics and Technology meeting, State College, Pa., Oct. 2011.
- "Crisis in Afghanistan," Ellis School, Pittsburgh, Pa., March 2011.
- "Conflict Issues in Afghanistan and Pakistan," Conflict Kitchen, Pittsburgh, Pa., Jan. 2011.
- "Plato's Cave and the Clash of Realities: Meta-theoretical issues in Organizational Decision Making and Leadership," International Conference on Advances in Management, Atlanta, Ga., July 2010.
- "Afghanistan and Pakistan: Historical Origins of U.S. Interventions" and "Afghanistan and Pakistan: Prospects for Peace," North Hills-McKnight Branch of "Great Decisions 2009," sponsored by the American Association of University Women and La Roche College, Feb. 2009.
- Member of the Board, Northeastern Association of Business, Economics and Technology
- Member of the Board, International Conference on Advances in Management, 2008
- Vice president, International Conference on Advances in Management, 2005
- Chairperson and Founder, International Development Forum - University of Pittsburgh, 1975-1980
- Book review editor, Journal of Public and International Affairs, 1978-1979
- International Conference on Advances in Management
- International Association of Business Disciplines
- World Systems Network
- Northeastern Association of Business, Economics and Technology
Selected Awards and Honors
- Annual Finkelhor Award, received (with J.M. Haley), Point Park University, Pittsburgh, Pa. April 2006
- Tuition Fellowship, Graduate School of Public and International Affairs, University of Pittsburgh, 1973-1975
- Graduation with Highest Honors, University of Wisconsin-Superior, 1973
- Owl and Serpent Scholarship Award, University of Wisconsin-Superior, 1973
Point Park Features
- "Professor Sidky Earns International Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid Master's Degree," Point Park University website, Nov. 6, 2012.
- "School of Business Faculty to Present Research at NABET Conference," Point Park University website, Oct. 24, 2012.
- "Alumna's Advocacy Work Reaches New Level with M.B.A.," Point Park University website, June 10, 2011.
- "Sidky Presents at Academic Conference," Point Park University website, Nov. 1, 2010.