Associate Professor, Accounting
- Bachelor of Arts, General Arts and Sciences, Pennsylvania State University
- M.B.A., Accounting and Finance, University of Pittsburgh
- Introductory Accounting
- Intermediate Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Computer Applications
- Advanced Accounting
- Accounting for Managers
After receiving an M.B.A. from the University of Pittsburgh, Margaret Gilfillan worked for a number of years in a “Big Four” public accounting firm, earning a C.P.A. and developing audit expertise in a number of industries. She later worked as CFO for several Pittsburgh organizations. She has been an associate professor of accounting at Point Park for more than 10 years and splits her teaching time between the undergraduate and M.B.A. programs. In addition to teaching, Gilfillan does accounting consulting, primarily for not-for-profits and developing technology companies. Her accounting and finance expertise is also used in leadership positions on several not-for-profit boards.
Professional licenses and memberships
- Active C.P.A. license in Pennsylvania
- Member, American Institute of CPAs
- Member, Pennsylvania Institute of CPAs
Point Park Features
- "Student Accounting Team Wins First Place in Auditing Case Study Competition," Point Park University website, Dec. 16, 2013.