Associate Professor, Business Management
- Associate in Science, Management, Robert Morris University
- Bachelor of Science, Business, Point Park University
- M.B.A., Point Park University
- Ph.D., Instructional Management and Leadership, Robert Morris University
- Corporate Finance
- Organizational Communications
- Decision Making
- Quantitative Methods/Management Science
- Corporate/Business Finance
- Accounting for Managers
- Fundamentals of Personnel Management & Regulations in the Workplace
- Essentials of Organizational Leadership & Behavior
- Ethical Leadership
- Modern Marketing Concepts
- Dynamics of Business & Strategic Planning
- Organizational Communications
- Public Speaking
Career: Michele Langbein, Ph.D., is a tenured full-time associate professor in the School of Business at Point Park University. Prior to this position, she was director of the Accelerated Undergraduate Business program at Point Park for six years, ending in Summer 2012 so that she could focus more on research and teaching. As the director, Langbein was responsible for program reviews/strategic planning, recruiting new faculty, supervising adjunct faculty, student advising, reviewing policies and procedures, handing student issues, and reviewing course syllabi for compliance. She is a member of several committees at Point Park including leadership, curriculum, strategic planning, outcomes assessment, and chair of search committee. Langbein currently teaches a variety of business classes including Quantitative Methods, Ethics, Organizational Behavior, Finance, and Leadership.
She has also taught at Robert Morris University, California University of Pa., Community College of Allegheny County, the International Academy of Design and Technology, and Pittsburgh Technical Institute. Prior to teaching, Langbein worked as a controller and as a human resource specialist. Langbein is also an active real estate investor.
Education: Langbein earned her Ph.D. from Robert Morris University. She graduated with an M.B.A. and bachelor's degree from Point Park University. At Point Park, she was a student in the Accelerated Saturday Fast business program and the accelerated M.B.A. program. Prior to that, Langbein earned an associate's degree from Robert Morris University in a traditional format.
- “Outcomes Assessment, Academic Leadership, Volume 8 - Issue 3, Summer 2010.
- Distinguished Contributing Author; Lexicon of Online and Distance Education (Multi-Volume Set), Rowman & Littlefield Education; 2009.
- “Ethics Education and Accreditation,”36th Annual Meeting of the Northeastern Association of Business, Economics and Technology, State College, Pa., Oct. 17-18, 2013.
- "Innovative Approach: Teaching Ethics and Leadership at a Graduate Level Business School," 35th Annual Northeastern Association of Business, Economics and Technology (NABET Conference) in State College, Pa., Oct. 25-26, 2012.
- “The implications of technology: The impact of employee monitoring and workplace privacy currently under double-blind review," and “Playing in the Intersection: Revisiting the “New Convergence,” Robert Morris University Doctor of Science in Information Systems and Communication and Alumni Research Group conference, Nov. 18, 2011.
- "Teaching Ethical Leadership" with James Michael Haley, NABET Conference, State College, Pa., Oct. 18-19, 2011.
- "The Importance of 'Green' Business Practices and Sustainability," Third Annual Robert Morris University Sustainability Conference, Sept. 2011.
- "The Impact of Web 2.0 Technologies on Business Sustainability," and "The Importance of Ethical Business Practices for Sustainability," Second Annual Robert Morris University Sustainability Conference, Sept. 2010.
- "Podcasting Advantages and Disadvantages in Education," World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2010 in Toronto, Canada. Paper published in conference proceedings: (pp. 1747-1752). Chesapeake, VA: AACE, June 2010.
- “Outcomes Assessment," Robert Morris University Economic Conference, (with Michael James Haley), 2007.
Awards and Honors
- 2010 graduation speaker, Robert Morris University
- 2009 Distinguished Lecturer, Point Park University Convocation
- 2009 Kouzes & Posner Leadership Challenge, Chicago, Ill.
- 2008 Campus Technology Conference, Boston, Mass.
- 2007 IACBE Conference, Newport Beach, Calif.
- Pennsylvania Association for Educational Communications and Technology
- Kouzes and Posner Leadership
Point Park Features
- "School of Business Faculty to Present Research at NABET Conference," Point Park University website, Oct. 24, 2012.
- "Saturday Program a Perfect Fit for Juggling Work, College," Point Park University website, Oct. 28, 2010.
- "Dr. Michele Langbein Presents Paper at World Conference," Point Park University website, Aug. 10, 2010.
- "Saturday Business Program Fits Busy Professional's Schedule," Point Park University website, April 12, 2010.