Assistant Professor, Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science, Mathematics and Computer Science, Ivanovo State University, Russia
- Master of Science, Mathematics and Computer Science, Ivanovo State University, Russia
- Doctor of Philosophy, Business Information Systems and Education, Utah State University
- Introduction to Computer Literacy
- Website Building with HTML
- Object Oriented Systems Design and Analysis
- IT for Managers
- Web Design and Development
- User Interface Design and Development
- Intro to Database/Advanced Database Systems
- Secure Programming
- Electronic Commerce II
- Security Issues in IT
- Introduction to Network Design
- Issues in Management Information Systems
Natalya Goreva, Ph.D., is an assistant professor of information technology in the School of Business at Point Park University. Prior to joining Point Park, she was an associate professor of management information systems at Indiana University of Pennsylvania and a teaching assistant at Utah State University. Before that, she served as a programmer and web developer for the Ivanovo City Administration in Russia.
Research and Teaching Interests
- Secure programming of data-driven applications
- Project management, SDLC
- Database-Driven IS Analysis, Design, and Development
- Adaptive Hypermedia and HC Interaction
- International E-Commerce
- "A comparison of study abroad and globalization attitudes among information systems, computer science, and business students: Recommendations for IS curriculum design," (with Cardon, P.W., Marshall, B.A., Patel, N., and Fontenot, R.J.), Issues in Information Systems, X(1), p. 28, 2009.
- "Discovering educational value of interactive annotated examples in a business programming course," (with Yudelson, M., Marshall, B.A., Goings, D.), Issues in Information Systems, IX(1), p. 181, 2008.
- "Web-based learning and interactive hypermedia in business application programming education," (with Yudelson, M., Marshall, B.A.), Issues in Information Systems, VIII, 2007.
- "Finding light at the end of the graduation tunnel," (with Marshall, B.A., Cardon, P., and Goette, T.), Issues in Information Systems, VIII, 2007.
- "Marketing high-ticket products: How to sell expensive items on the Web," (with Vinsonhaler, J., & Scheffelmaier, G.), Issues in Information Systems,V(2), p. 461, 2004.
- "Development of e-commerce in countries with transitional economy: Case of Russia," (with Pratt, J.A.), Issues in Information Systems, V(2), and Journal of Global IT Management Association, 2004.
- University Senate Research Grant from Indiana University of Pennsylvania (2007-2008 academic year)
- USU Women and Gender Research Institute grant for presenting a research project in international e-commerce (2004)
- USU Graduate School Senate grants for presenting research in online buyer behavior (Oct. 2004) and e-commerce in the countries with transitional economy (June 2004)
- International Association of Computer Information Systems
- Association for Computing Machinery
In the News
- "The Ten: Using Google in business," Pittsburgh Business Times, May 3, 2013.
- "A dozen 2012 newsmakers you should know," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Dec. 27, 2012.
- "Hacking at Barnes & Noble a Warning to Debit Card Users," KDKA CBS Pittsburgh, Oct. 24, 2012.
- "Russia native teaches information security in America: A newsmaker you should know," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, May 9, 2012.
Point Park Features
- "Meet Natalya Goreva, Assistant Professor of Information Technology," Point Park University, Jan. 17, 2012.