ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, SPORTS, ARTS AND ENTERTAINMENT MANAGEMENT
- B.A. Sociology, B.A. Psychology, Hood College
- M.B.A., Katz Graduate School of Business, University of Pittsburgh
- Introduction to Sports, Arts and Entertainment Management
- Media Management
- Internet Marketing
- Marketing Research
The common thread in Assistant Professor Paige Beal's business career is entertainment media technology. Her business career includes media marketing and management in radio (Clear Channel – 3WS), TV (Comcast Spotlight - ESPN, USA, TNT, AMC, CNN, MTV, etc.) and Internet (WPXI - Cox). Her multimedia expertise translated into the success of Moxie Marketing Media Consultancy conducting training programs for media sales. That training experience foreshadowed a teaching career at Point Park University in the sports, arts and entertainment management department of the School of Business. Beal recently took a three-year hiatus from Point Park University to rejoin Comcast — and has now come full circle to bring her professional connections and experience back into the classroom. She is also co-founder of I’llgo2!, a social platform connecting people to the arts.
- Media Association of Pittsburgh, past president
- Pittsburgh American Marketing Association, VP of Academic Outreach
- New Hazlett Theater, board member
- Leadership Pittsburgh graduate
In the News
- "JCPenny to Close 13 to 14 Percent of Stores," KDKA-TV, Feb. 24, 2017.
- "$500K a year expected from Heinz Field Beer Sales," Pittsburgh Business Times, July 14, 2016.
- "Post-Gazette Home Delivery Customers to be Charged for Magazine Insert Unless They Opt Out," KDKA-TV, Jan. 26, 2016.
- "Comcast Experimenting With Metered Internet Plans," KDKA-TV, Oct. 27, 2015.
- “Mall at Robinson polishing itself up, adding tenants,” Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Feb 23, 2012.
- “Swap Unwanted, Unused Books Online,” KDKA-TV, Dec. 26, 2011.
- “Best Buy Reneges on Online Purchases,” KDKA-TV, Dec. 22, 2011.
- “Center of Downtown shifts away from Macy’s,” Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Sept 22, 2011.
- “Blog: Paige Beal on top ticketed attractions in Pittsburgh,” Pop City Media, May 25, 2011.
- “West Penn-owned hospitals to revert to prior names,” Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, April, 22, 2011.
- “Value-conscious shoppers feed growth of discount grocery chains,” Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, March 6, 2011.
- “Analyzing Your Cell Phone Bill Could Save You Money,” KDKA-TV, Feb. 16, 2011.
Point Park Features
- "SAEM Professor Presents on Storytelling Data at Marketing Conference," Point Park University website, Sept. 22, 2016.
- "SAEM Professor Leads AMA Collegiate Marketing Plan Competition," Point Park University website, April 22, 2016.
- "SAEM Class Working with Feld Entertainment Director to Market Upcoming Monster Jam," Point Park University website, Nov. 18, 2015.
- "SAEM Professor Serves as Panelist at Marketing Conference in Puerto Rico," Point Park University website, Oct. 21, 2015.
- "SAEM Students Gain Event Management Experience Co-Hosting Zoo U with the Pittsburgh Zoo," Point Park University website, April 26, 2012.
- "Media Career Event Brings More than 40 Employers to Campus," Point Park University website, April 6, 2012.