Get the Professional Edge
Advance professionally in your career with an M.B.A. degree from Point Park University. Situated in the very heart of the major corporate, service and cultural hub of Downtown Pittsburgh, Point Park offers small classes taught by faculty who back up their academic teachings with real-world experience.
Accredited by the International Assembly of Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), Point Park's 36-credit M.B.A. program will fit into your busy life and schedule. Classes are available on evenings and Saturdays and in a choice of formats including the traditional two years, a fast track of 16 months or in an accelerated format of 12 months.
Regardless of the delivery format selected, the M.B.A. curriculum consists of eight core courses, followed by four courses in your choice of one of five concentrations:
- International Business
- Management Information Systems
- Sport, Arts and Entertainment Management
- Health Systems Management
This is perfect for students with a business undergraduate degree and work experience. You can anticipate a fast-paced program that will build upon your education and work — with 28 hours in the classroom and 14 hours in equivalent instructional activities outside the classroom.
- The minimum time frame required for degree completion is 12 months or three semesters: fall, spring and summer.
- Each semester consists of two, seven-week quarters.
- Choose the Tues./Thurs. schedule and you'll be in class Tues. and Thurs. nights from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Opt for Saturdays and your two classes (8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.) are in one compact day.
Interested in adding a business graduate degree to a communications undergrad or other non-business undergrad degree? The fast track program offers quantitative courses (like accounting, corporate finance, etc.) in a fully supportive 15-week class format. Coupled with the 15-week quantitative course are two qualitative courses (marketing, organizational leadership, etc.) taken for seven weeks in an accelerated format. It's a comprehensive format that provides more in-class time for optimum comprehensive of quantitative subjects but still offers some acceleration with the seven-week course design.
- Degree completion in as little as 16 months.
- Each semester includes one 15-week class and two seven week classes.
- Classes are on evenings and Saturdays.
The traditional M.B.A. delivery format is a practical option for working professionals whose lives are a balance of career, family and graduate study or for international students. Dedicated faculty in a 15-week classroom experience provides an optimum learning environment.
- Degree completion in 24 months.
- All classes are full 15 weeks.
- Evening and Saturday classes are offered.
Stephanie works for U.S. Steel Corporation during the day and takes M.B.A. classes at Point Park in the evening.