Fire Service Administration Minor Offered Fully Online
Whether you are a volunteer or career firefighter, a minor in fire service administration can help you build the skills necessary for leading your department into the future.
Developed from the Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education program of the National Fire Academy, this minor will take your work experience and public safety training to a new level of leadership and management to help you advance your department and your career.
Fire Service Administration Course Offerings
The following fully online courses (18 credits total) need to be completed to earn a minor in fire service administration:
- Fire and Emergency Services Administration
- Political and Legal Foundations of Fire Protection
- Fire Prevention Organization and Management
- Personnel Management for the Fire and Emergency Services or Special Employee Relations
- Community Risk Reduction for the Fire and Emergency Services
- Applications of Fire Research
These courses are also offered in the fire service administration certificate program or as a concentration within the public administration major. In addition, many of your current Pennsylvania Department of Health, National Board of Fire Service Professional Qualifications and International Fire Service Accreditation Congress certifications can count toward college credit in our public administration program.
For a comprehensive list of course descriptions, see the School of Business course descriptions catalog.