Offered in a Hybrid Format (A combination of online and on-campus classes)
Point Park’s certificate in public administration can enhance your career opportunities and offer the certification you need to get ahead. The program is designed for individuals with careers and/or professional interests in:
- Public Safety (police, fire, emergency medical service)
- Local Government
- State Government
- Federal Government
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Government Subcontracting
This 18-credit program — offered in a hybrid format (combination of online and on-campus classes) — is structured so that students can complete the certificate despite professional and personal time constraints. Point Park designed the certificate for working professionals who need flexible learning formats and delivery formats.
Note for non-Pennsylvania residents: Point Park University is required to have authorizations to operate in states outside of Pennsylvania. Once you have applied for admission to Point Park, the University will determine our status for the state where you reside, and an admissions counselor will follow up with you directly on the admissions process.
Features of the program include:
- 18-credit hours of six courses (Three required, three elective) offered during one academic year (fall, spring and summer)
- Faculty who are specifically trained in online teaching and are professional practitioners at local and federal levels
- Use of a course management system that allows online students to interact in collaborative teams
- Student learning outcomes that include combining theory with practice
This stand-alone certificate can be completed in just 12 months. The program can also be a successful lead into Point Park University’s Associate in Science in public administration or Bachelor of Science in public administration. The certificate can also fulfill a minor in public administration for current students.
The certificate program provides access to Point Park University’s top public administration and management professors from the School of Business and includes a mix of required courses and electives. Students can choose from classes in personnel management, budget and finance, disaster management and other courses that will help them reach their education and career goals.
Read our Gainful Employment Disclosure for this program.