Enhance Your Career Opportunities
Point Park’s online certificate in public administration can enhance your career opportunities and offer the certification you need to get ahead. The program is designed for individuals with careers and/or professional interests in:
- Public Safety (police, fire, emergency medical service)
- Local Government
- State Government
- Federal Government
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Government Subcontracting
The 18-credit program – completely online – is structured so that students can complete the certificate despite professional and personal time constraints. Point Park designed the online certificate for working professionals who need flexible learning formats and delivery formats.
Features of the program include:
- 18-credit hours of six online courses (Three required, three elective) offered during one academic year (fall, spring and summer)
- Faculty who are specifically trained in online teaching and are professional practitioners at local and federal levels
- Use of a course management system that allows online students to interact in collaborative teams
- Student learning outcomes that include combining theory with practice
A stand-alone certificate can be completed in just 12 months. The program can also be a successful lead into Point Park University’s Associate in Science in public administration or Bachelor of Science in public administration (both of which must be completed on the Point Park campus). The certificate can also fulfill a minor in public administration for current students.
The certificate program provides access to Point Park University’s top public administration and management professors from the School of Business. The certificate program includes a mix of required courses and electives. Students can choose from classes in personnel management, budget and finance, disaster management and other courses that will help them reach their education and career goals.
Classes begin each fall and spring semester. It’s easy to get started with online learning, even if you haven’t been back to school in awhile or you are new to online courses. Take the first step. Learn more today.