Can you land a job with this degree? You bet! The career opportunities in the industries of sports, arts and entertainment management are almost endless. To learn more about the SAEM department, check out the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette article "SAEM program at Point Park helps students find jobs."
Check out some of our SAEM alumni:
Meet Meghan McCabe '13, club manager at Heinz Field.
- Joseph Adams, senior digital media specialist at LEWIS Pulse
- Shayna Balog, project manager at Retailcomm
- Megan Beavis, agents' assistant at DDO Artists Agency
- Elizabeth Birdsell, event and student ambassador coordinator at Carlow University
- Caroline Bovalino, PR/social media account executive at MARC USA
- Erin Cappiccie, operations coordinator at Tough Mudder LLC
- Nicholas Ceraso, co-owner at Scared Bunny Entertainment, LLC
- Kady Chambers, special events manager at Broadway Across America
- Brandon Dujmic, box office manager at Highmark Stadium
- Lindsey Hay, assistant to president/CEO at 31st Street Studios
- Danielle Himes, meeting planner at Oncology Nursing Society
- Chelsea Hoskinson, VIP services coordinator at The Meadows Racetrack and Casino
- David Jacobs, digital producer at RED Interactive Agency
- Gabe Johnson, sports agent and director of player services at Sports Legends Group
- Megan Jones, club manager at Heinz Field
- Rachel Kernic, internal events coordinator at Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
- Morgan Laskey, legal assistant and professional dancer for the Boston Celtics
- Alison Maternowski, office manager for Stage AE
- Meghan McCabe, club manager at Heinz Field
- Frank McDade, senior digital marketing strategist at Buzzhoney
- Jeff Morgan, account manager at ShowClix, Inc.
- Jeremy Olson, box office supervisor at Stage AE and stage manager for The Clarks
- Herbie Pallotta, analyst, social media media communications, Hilton Worldwide
- Mallory Schirr, executive assistant of events and booking at Palace Sports & Entertainment
- Kelsey Williams, local bakery marketing manager for Bruegger's Enterprises, Inc.
Below is just a sampling of SAEM career opportunities:
From college sports to minor league and professional - your job opportunities are many!
Nike, Inc Oregon, Pittsburgh Steelers football, ESPN radio, Pittsburgh Pirates baseball, Pittsburgh Penguins hockey, Pittsburgh Passion football, Pittsburgh Explosion basketball, Pittsburgh Triathlon, Erie SeaWolves baseball, The Sony Open (PGA Golf) Hawaii, Pittsburgh Riverhounds Soccer, etc.
SAEM Career Event connects students to internships and jobs. Learn more.
There are literally hundreds of art galleries, museums and theaters in every metro market!
New York Metropolitan Opera Guild, Broadway Dance Center NYC, Pittsburgh Cultural Trust, Broadway Series, Pittsburgh Playhouse, Pittsburgh Public Theatre, City Theatre, Radio City Music Hall, etc.
TV, radio, Internet, entertainment parks, science centers, zoos, aviaries, all of the below
and more offer jobs in entertainment management!
Kennywood Park, Clear Channel Radio Pittsburgh, CBS Radio Pittsburgh, The Talent Group Model and Talent Agency, Mosaic, Turner Sports Atlanta, Sesame Street Productions, Live Nation Pittsburgh, CESD Talent Agency Inc, Comcast Spotlight Pittsburgh, The Talent Group, etc.
The jobs within the organizations listed above include those you would find in any business and include others that are specific to sport, art and entertainment. Job titles can include: agent, administrative assistant, box office manager, sales and sponsorship executives, house management, marketing director, talent manager, advertising manager, event manager, production management, promotions director, director of finance, director of communications, producer, general manager, salesperson and marketing executive, research manager, and so on.