Pictured with students at Stage AE, Associate Professor Ed Traversari, M.B.A., offers his expertise in live entertainment.
All-Access SAEM Summer Workshop for High School Students: July 20-22, 2015
The annual All-Access Sport, Arts and Entertainment Management Summer Workshop for high school students consists of three days packed with info on what it’s like to work in these industries.
This year's July 20-22 workshop will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day.
The 2015 All-Access workshop includes:
- Indoor and outdoor backstage tour of Stage AE;
- Backstage and facility tour of the Benedum Center for Performing Arts;
- Meet and greet with Jesse Naus, owner and engineer of Red Caiman Media;
- Workshops covering the areas of event management, legal issues, sales development, talent representation, venue design and marketing led by SAEM faculty; and
- A tour of Point Park's campus in Downtown Pittsburgh.
The total cost to attend the three-day summer workshop is $150, which includes lunch each day and all event admission tickets.
Deadline to register is June 29, 2015. To register for the 2015 SAEM summer workshop, complete this application.
Scholarships are available
Students with financial need may apply for a $150 scholarship from the Dr. Timothy W. McGuire and Dr. Nancy P. Melone Scholarship Fund. For details, teachers or guidance counselors should contact Steve Tanzilli, J.D., SAEM program director, at 412-392-4742 or email@example.com.