Pictured with students at Stage AE, Associate Professor Ed Traversari, M.B.A., offers his expertise in live entertainment.
All-Access SAEM Summer Workshop for High School Students
The annual All-Access Sport, Arts and Entertainment Management Summer Workshop for high school students consists of three days packed with info on what it’s like to work in these industries.
The workshop is held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day.
The SAEM workshop includes:
- Indoor and outdoor behind-the-scenes tour of Stage AE
- Backstage and facility tour of the Benedum Center for Performing Arts
- Meet and greet with Jesse Naus, owner and engineer of Red Caiman Media
- Workshops covering the areas of event management, legal issues, sales development, talent representation, venue design and marketing led by SAEM faculty
- A tour of Point Park's campus in Downtown Pittsburgh
The total cost to attend the three-day summer workshop is $150, which includes lunch each day and all venue admission tickets.
Please check back to this page at a later date for information on the Summer 2016 workshop.
Scholarships are available
Students with financial need may apply for a $150 scholarship from the Dr. Timothy W. McGuire and Dr. Nancy P. Melone Scholarship Fund.
For details, teachers or guidance counselors should contact Steve Tanzilli, J.D., at 412-392-4742 or firstname.lastname@example.org.