Pictured with students at Stage AE, Associate Professor Ed Traversari, M.B.A., offers his expertise in live entertainment.
All-Access SAEM Summer Workshop for High School Students
The annual All-Access Sport, Arts and Entertainment Management Summer Workshop for high school students consists of three days packed with info on what it’s like to work in these industries.
“If you’re interested (in SAEM), you should come to the workshop. It was a crash course on everything and gives you a good idea if you want to get involved with it,” said Taylor Barnes from Blackhawk High School in Beaver Falls, Pa.
The All-Access workshop includes:
- Indoor and outdoor tour of Stage AE;
- Backstage and facility tours of the Benedum Center for Performing Arts, the Byham Theater, and the Pittsburgh CLO Cabaret theatres;
- Meet and greet with Greg Joseph, bass guitarist and vocalist for The Clarks, who will give a performer’s perspective on the entertainment business;
- Workshops covering the areas of event management, legal issues, sales development, talent representation, venue design and marketing led by SAEM faculty; and
- A tour of Point Park's campus in Downtown Pittsburgh.
The total cost to attend the three-day summer workshop is $150, which includes lunch each day and admission and tours for all venues.
Check back to this page at a later date for information on the summer 2015 workshop.
Scholarships are available
The Dr. Timothy W. McGuire and Dr. Nancy P. Melone Scholarship is available for one student per school. For details, teachers or guidance counselors should contact Steve Tanzilli, J.D., SAEM program director, at 412-392-4742 or email@example.com.