Students must complete a two-step application process:
Step 1: Submit Your Application for Admissions
You must have your application for academic acceptance on file BEFORE you schedule an audition or interview.
- Undergraduate students will apply to the Office of Admissions. APPLY FREE ONLINE NOW!
- Graduate students will apply to the Graduate and Adult Enrollment Office. APPLY FREE ONLINE NOW!
- You DO NOT have to be academically accepted into the University prior to scheduling your audition or interview.
- Official transcripts and test scores DO NOT have to be on file prior to your audition, interview or portfolio submission.
Step 2: Schedule Your Audition or Interview or Submit Portfolio
Auditions are required for dance, musical theatre and acting. Interviews are required for stage management and technical theatre/design. Portfolios and interviews are required for cinema production, digital arts and screenwriting.
- Schedule your dance audition
- Dance audition dates
- Dance audition guidelines and information
- Frequently asked questions about the dance program and auditions
Acting and Musical Theatre
- Schedule your theatre audition:
– On-campus auditions
– National Unified Auditions (what is this?)
- Theatre audition dates
- Theatre audition guidelines and information
Frequently asked questions about the theatre program and auditions
Stage Management and Technical Theatre/Design
- Audition dates
- Schedule your interview
- Stage management and technical theatre/design interview guidelines and information
- Frequently asked questions about the theatre program and admission process
Cinema and Digital Arts
- Portfolio requirements and submission process
- Frequently asked questions about the cinema and digital arts program and admission process
M.F.A. in Screenwriting and Playwriting: Low-Residency
- Over the course of two years, students in the M.F.A. in writing for the screen and stage program are required to attend three residencies of one to two weeks on Point Park's Downtown Pittsburgh campus. Courses will be completed online during the fall and spring semesters.
M.F.A. in Acting
- Six students are accepted into M.F.A. in acting program every three years. Information will be posted when auditions for the next class are open.