For both the B.A. and B.F.A. degrees, students spend their first two years learning the fundamental craft of cinema production in our narrative-based program.
B.F.A in Cinema Production
- A production-intensive filmmaking degree that allows students to gain a deeper education in one discipline of cinema production and a broader grounding in art forms related to cinema arts.
- Junior and senior B.F.A. students select a concentration for advanced practice - directing, producing, editing, cinematography or sound - and conclude their degree with a thesis film as their capstone project.
- B.F.A. students are required to complete 129 credits. For a comprehensive list of program requirements, see the B.F.A. degree requirements.
B.A. in Cinema Production
- A production-oriented filmmaking degree that allows students more flexibility in structuring their education, with fewer courses in the major, and no thesis film requirement.
- With greater flexibility students can pursue study abroad opportunities, double-major, or complete their degrees in less than four years, making it a good option for transfer students.
- B.A. students are required to complete 120 credits. For a comprehensive list of program requirements, see the B.A. degree requirements.