Assistant Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs
- M.F.A., School of Cinematic Arts, University of Southern California, Los Angeles
- B.S., Penn State University
- Introduction to Cinema
- Introduction to Screenwriting
- History of International Cinema
- Production I, II and IV
- Narrative Structure of Cinema
- Intermediate Screenwriting
- Advanced Producing
Fredrick Johnson has more than 15 years of media production experience, principally in Los Angeles, where his work included productions for MTV, VH1, Ford Motor Company, Coca-Cola, Warner Bros., and Universal Studios Theme Parks. As a writer and director, his work has won many awards and screened at festivals around the world, including the Clermont-Ferrand Film Festival, the Deauville Festival of American Film, the AFI Los Angeles International Film Festival, the Atlanta Film Festival, CineAsia Hong Kong, ShoWest Las Vegas, the One World Human Rights Film Festival (Prague, Czech Republic) and the Pan-African Film Festival (Los Angeles).
Johnson has more than 15 years of experience in media production education, previously at the University of California Los Angeles and the University of Southern California, where he also earned an M.F.A. at the School of Cinematic Arts.
- International Council of Fine Arts Deans
- University Film and Video Association
- Society for Cinema and Media Studies
- International Documentary Association
- Steeltown Entertainment, Board Member
- Brother Gordon, Producer/director, 2006
- Beat, Producer/director, 2000
- Through Thick and Thin, Producer/director, 1999
- Serf City
- The Darwin Accords
- Stand by Your Man
- The Art of Fire
- "Alternative Storytelling: Episodic Structure," Film and Television Academy of Performing Arts, Prague, Czech Republic, 2011.
- "Such was McTeague: Introducing Characters through Defining Action," University Film and Video Association Conference, New Orleans, La., 2009.
- "Objectivity/Subjectivity and Fellini's Use of Point-of-View," Western Pennsylvania Symposium on World Literatures, Pittsburgh, Pa., 2009.
Selected Awards and Honors
- Beat, Jury Prize, Film Fest New Haven
- Beat, City Award, Art Film Trenscianske Teplice
- Beat, Finalist Deauville Festival of American Film
- Beat, Excellence in Cinematography Award, Eastman-Kodak
- Through Thick and Thin, Grand Prize, Coca-Cola Refreshing Filmmaker's Award
- Through Thick and Thin, Finalist AICP Commercial Production Award
Point Park Feature
- "Conservatory of Performing Arts Dean Teaches at Film School in Prague," Point Park University website, April 27, 2011.