Chair of Dance Department
- M.F.A., Dance, University of Maryland
- B.F.A., Dance, State University of New York, Purchase College
- Modern Dance Technique
- Contemporary Partnering
Rubén Graciani is a high school graduate of North Carolina School of the Arts. He went on to study at The Julliard School and several major New York dance companies, including the Martha Graham Dance Company and the Merce Cunningham Dance Company.
Graciani graduated from the State University of New York, Purchase College, receiving a B.F.A. in Dance. After graduation, he joined the Mark Morris Dance Group as a contract performer. Additionally, he has performed as a guest artist with the CityDance Ensemble and Brian Brooks Moving Company, and has been a company member of the Kevin Wynn Collection, the Joe Goode Performance Group and Company Stefanie Batten Bland. He is an M.F.A. graduate of the University of Maryland, College Park, where he presented nine works of choreography for the Maryland Dance Ensemble.
In September 2005, Graciani joined the faculty at Ohio University as an assistant professor. While there, he received two Arts for Ohio Choreographic Grants which resulted in the collaboration, Oyster, with composer John Orfe and the Grammy Award-winning new music ensemble, Alarm Will Sound.
Graciani joined the faculty of Skidmore College in September 2008. While at Skidmore, he has collaborated with renowned composer Richard Danielpour and pianist Xiayin Wang on the work Swing and a Miss, which premiered at Skidmore College's Zankel Music Center, worked in collaboration with the Academy ACJW for a performance L'Histoire du Soldat, and premiered two works for Saratoga ArtsFest.
- National Dance Museum's Dance Hall of Fame, nominating committee
- New York State Council of the Arts, dance panel, 2010-2013
Selected Artistic Performances/Companies
- Mark Morris Dance Group, performer
- Joe Goode Performance Group, company member
- Company Stefanie Batten Bland, company member
- Kevin Wynn Collection, company member
- Brian Brooks Moving Company, guest artist
- CityDance Ensemble, guest artist
Selected Choreographed Works
- We Fall Down, We Get Up — excerpts, with RG Dance Projects, Steel Stack Performing Arts Center
- Shelter, Tang Teaching Museum
- Shapeshifter, DanceNow New York City's-Joe's Pub Festival
- We Fall Down, We Get Up — RG Dance Projects full season presented at Martha Graham Theater
- Complete This Work Which We Began, dance film screening, the Current Sessions Festival
- Afloat Below the Surface — RG Dance Projects, Cool NY Dance Festival
- Dance films
- Dance entrepreneurship
- Inter-group relations
Selected Awards and Honors
- Audience Favorite Award, Complete This Work Which We Began, 2011
- Phi Kapp Phi Honor Society
In the News
- "Making it Happen: Dance, Film and Creative Process," Dance Magazine, November 2012.