Chair of Dance Department
- B.F.A., Dance, Point Park University
- Ballet Technique
- Production, Rehearsal and Performance
Susan Stowe is known for her vibrant performance quality, clean balletic lines and arched feet. Stowe's 15-year professional career began under the direction of Ted Kivitt at the Milwaukee Ballet Company. Her performance career also included Burklyn Ballet Theatre, BalletMet, Ballet Austin and Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre. Among her most notable performances were leading roles in Choo San Goh’s Unknown Territory, The Nutcracker, Paquita, Sir Frederick Ashton’s Les Patineurs and Sir Kenneth Macmillan’s Elite Syncopations.
Stowe joined the dance faculty at Point Park in 1995 and is currently a professor, associate artistic director and chair of the dance department for the Conservatory of Performing Arts. She also serves as artistic director of the International Summer Dance program at Point Park. She has staged more than 50 classical and neoclassical variations for the Conservatory of Performing Arts.
Selected Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- American Guild of Musical Artists
- National Association of Schools of Dance
- Theatre/Dance Advisory Board, Community Colleges of Allegheny County
- Pittsburgh Dancers' Trust
- Corps de Ballet
- Pittsburgh Ballet Guild
- National Society of Arts and Letters
Selected Artistic Work
- Conservatory Dance Company at Point Park University, Paquita by Marius Petipa, March 2012
- Conservatory Dance Company at the Byham, Valse Fantaisie by George Balanchine, February 2011
- Collaboration with Lake Erie Ballet, Ernest Tolentino and Svetlana Novodran, The Nutcracker, December 2011
- Conservatory Dance Company at the Byham, Light Rain by Gerald Arpino, March 2010
- Pittsburgh Connections at Point Park University, Found Songs by Gina Patterson, November 2010
- Regional and National High School Dance Festivals
- Booker T. Washington High School for the Visual and Performing Arts
- American College Dance Festival
- Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre
- Pittsburgh Youth Ballet
- West Virginia's Governor's School for the Arts
- Regional Dance America
- "Dance Health and Safety," National Association of Schools of Dance, panelist/presenter, Minneapolis, Minn., 2008.
- Study of Dance Studio Utilization and Capacity, co-author, Point Park Conservatory of Performing Arts, 2002.
- Outstanding Teacher nominee, Who's Who in America's Colleges, 2005
- Faculty award, Department of Dance, Point Park University, 1999
- Outstanding Teacher, Edward Caton Award, Point Park University, 1996