Point Park University Welcomed High School Students, March 3-6, 2016
NHSDF Photo Gallery
About the Festival
The National High School Dance Festival included:
- Opening and closing ceremonies
- Six adjudicated concerts (two evening gala concerts, two late-afternoon showcase concerts and two mid-day informal concerts)
- A full day of scholarship auditions
- More than 200 master classes (ballet, jazz, tap, contemporary, modern, hip hop, musical theater, salsa, African, somatics, injury prevention, nutrition and more)
Train in State-of-the-Art Dance Facilities
During the festival, students trained with resident dance faculty, guest artists and choreographers to develop a solid foundation of skills in Point Park’s state-of-the-art George Rowland White Performance Center.
Students also had the opportunity to train at Pittsburgh Creative and Performing Arts School and performed at the Byham Theatre — located within walking distance to campus — in the heart of Pittsburgh’s Cultural District.
Explore Point Park and Pittsburgh
Point Park University — Pittsburgh's Downtown University — is in the center of a world-class city located within walking distance to museums, galleries, shops, eateries, sports stadiums and more:
- Campus virtual tour
- Campus map
- About Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh is my campus
- Conservatory of Performing Arts
Welcome to Point Park University and Downtown Pittsburgh!