B.F.A. in Acting
The B.F.A. in acting is a rigorous 130-credit program in stage performance that prepares graduates for a career as a professional actor. Accomplished instructors provide students with an eight-semester training program in Downtown Pittsburgh, a city endowed with a rich, vibrant theatre culture.
Students experience a combination of intensive training and practice in our production program through:
Video: Acting Program
- Conservatory Theatre Company , Point Park's student company which presents a five-show season of musicals and dramas directed by faculty and guest artists;
- Playhouse Jr. , Point Park's student company for young audiences;
- The REP , Point Park's professional Equity theatre company;
- Student films, in collaboration with the Department of Cinema Arts; and
- Senior showcase , top acting seniors travel and perform for casting directors, talent agents, managers and other industry professionals in New York City.
From your first semester to graduation, the B.F.A. in acting program emphasizes each student's unique talents and teaches them how to cultivate and apply techniques that best develop them as a person and an actor.
Acting Degree Courses
The B.F.A. in acting requires fewer electives, offering a structure that encourages students to focus on skills and training towards becoming a professional actor.
You will receive a well-rounded education by combining the core curriculum and courses in your major:
- Voice and Speech
- Singing for Actors
- Stage Movement
- Script Analysis
- Acting for Camera
- Foundations of Modern Drama
- Professional Seminar
- Appreciate and Apply the Arts
- Become a Storyteller
A Career in Acting
Graduates of the B.F.A. in acting program will be well-positioned to compete for jobs with professional acting companies, productions and associations. You can find our alumni performing on Broadway, with national tours, in regional theatre, on web series, on television shows and in movies.