Assistant Professor of Movement
- M.F.A., Acting, Florida Atlantic University
- B.A., Theater, Columbia College of Chicago
- The Second City Training Center & Conservatory, Chicago, Ill.
- Actor Intensive, National Theater Conservatory, Denver, Colo.
- Stage Movement I
- Stage Movement II
- Stage Combat
Samuel G.C. Muñoz discovered his passion for storytelling and acting while growing up on the South Side of Chicago, Ill. Muñoz’s acting emphasis in teaching, performance and training, joined with his professional accomplishments cover thorough areas of the acting craft. His teaching approach is a collaborative physical process; discovering a truthful physical life of possibilities relating to performance.
Muñoz utilizes the Alexander Technique, Viewpoints, Laban Movement Analysis, Physical Improv/Theater, Viola Spolin Improvisational Technique, Michael Chekhov Technique, Stage Combat, and uses a variety of texts from contemporary drama to Shakespeare. Through the foundational principles of breath and voice and text analysis, he introduces movement with different acting methodologies that lead to a wider range of depth and nuance in performance.
- Screen Actor's Guild/American Federation of Television and Radio Artists
- Society of American Fight Directors
- Actor, Tybalt, the Chicago Shakespeare Theater
- Assistant motions capture stunt coordinator, Kenneth Branagh's THOR
- Motion capture director's assistant, Clint Eastwood's Invictus
- Co-creator, 2 Households, 2 Assholes: Shakespeare's R&J
- Society of American Fight Directors Examiner's Award for Excellence
- Chicago Jeff Citation (ensemble and fight choreography), Action Movie the play, Defiant Theater