Helping students pursue academic excellence
The University's Center for Student Success is at the heart of a coordinated, campus-wide commitment to support all students, whether first-semester newcomers or graduating seniors, as they pursue a Point Park degree. Students may contact the CSS as a starting point for any type of academic question, a place were they can get the answers, assistance and encouragement to help them achieve academic excellence.
How to reach us
Location: 101 Wood Street (the Green Building)
• Mondays - Thursdays,
8: 30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
• Fridays, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Academic support and guidance
Each Point Park undergraduate student who has declared a major is assigned to a faculty member within their field of study, who serves as an academic adviser each semester for course selections, minors, concentrations and other academic options.
For undecided students, success counselors provide academic advising until the student declares a major. The Center for Student Success works with undecided students to help them explore majors that match their career and personal interests to find the best fit.
For all students, the CSS staff can help with topics including:
- Transitioning to college-level academics
- Learning to use PointWeb, Point Park's online student information hub
- Registering for classes
- Learning about Point Park student services and educational opportunities
- Changing a major
- Dropping or adding a class once the semester has started
- Applying for study abroad programs
- Improving study skills
- Learning to balance a heavy course load
Center for Student Success Staff