Assistant Professor, Forensic Science
Coordinator, Forensic Science Program
- Bachelor of Science, Chemistry, University of Pittsburgh
- Doctor of Medicine, American University of the Caribbean
- Clinical Training, Northwestern Hospital and Martha Washington Hospital, Chicago
- Coroner's Education Course, Pennsylvania State Police Academy
- Accident/Suicide Investigations
- Anatomy and Physiology (with lab)
- Crime Scene
- Criminal Profiling
- Death Scene Investigation
- Development of the Death Investigation System (with lab)
- Forensic Evidence I and II (with lab)
- The Natural Death Investigation
As the former chief forensic investigator for Allegheny County’s Office of the Medical Examiner, Edward Strimlan, M.D., brings real stories and years of experience conducting more than 2,000 death scene investigations into the classroom. Each summer, he leads a CSI Summer Camp for high school students.
Professional Advisory Boards
- Criminal Justice Administration Master's Degree Program at Point Park University, 2002-present
- Pennsylvania Region 13 Weapons of Mass Destruction Working Group, 2001-2010
- Pittsburgh International Airport Disaster Preparation and Planning, 2002-2010
- Metropolitan Medical Response System, 2001-2010
- "Gang Free" Pittsburgh School District, 2002-2006
In the News
- "Forensics program attracting crime-solvers at Point Park in Pittsburgh," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Oct. 29, 2012.
- CSI: Pittsburgh - Go beyond the yellow tape at Point Park University's crime scene house," Pittsburgh Magazine, Feb. 2012 issue.
Point Park Features
- "Forensic Science Majors Process Crime Scenes Designed by Theatre Students," Point Park University website, March 13, 2013.
- "High School Students Describe Point Park's CSI Camp as Challenging and Fun," Point Park University website, Aug. 2, 2012.
- "CSI Expert Edward Strimlan Appointed Coordinator of Forensic Science Program," Point Park University website, April 25, 2011.