Professor, Department of Criminal Justice and Intelligence Studies
Director, Intelligence and National Security Program
- Bachelor of Science, University of Maryland
- Juris Doctor, John Marshall Law School
- Introduction to Intelligence
- Ethics of Spying
- Federal Law Enforcement
- Theories of Criminology
Professor Gregory Rogers, J.D., has more than 32 years of experience in U.S. Government service. Rogers began his career in the U.S. Air Force serving in NORAD, PACAF in Indochina during the Vietnam conflict and TAC. He has served as a Combat Control Team member and later joined the U.S. Army and worked in HQ S-2 Intelligence with the 11th Special Forces Group, 1st Special Forces Airborne (Green Beret). He has also served in the Office of Protective Services, U.S. Secret Service, U.S. Marshal Service and U.S. Customs Service and was a founding member of the Department of Homeland Security. Rogers was a member of the Webster Commission and was appointed as a diplomat assigned to the European Union Sanctions Assistance Mission and worked in Romania, Yugoslavia and Hungary during the conflict in Bosnia.
He has also worked around the globe enforcing International Trade Sanctions, embargoes and laws. Rogers served as a national program manager and as a senior special agent/attorney advisor in Covert Operations. In 2005, he joined the full-time faculty at Point Park University. In 2011, he received the U.S.A. Tactical Hall of Fame Lifetime Achievement Award in Intelligence and National Security and is a member of the International Black Belt Hall of Fame.
- President, Pittsburgh Chapter, National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives
- American Legion/China Post 1
- Society for Intelligence and National Security
- Federation of American Scientists
- Canon Law Society of America
- Association for Former Intelligence Officers
- International Association for Intelligence Educators
- International Black Belt Hall of Fame
In the News
- "Ukrainian-Americans in Pittsburgh watch news of Malaysian plane shot down with heavy hearts," WPXI-TV news, July 17, 2014.
- "New president of Pittsburgh chapter of black law enforcement executives brings deep experience to the job," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Dec. 31, 2012.
- "NOBLE elects new head," New Pittsburgh Courier, Nov. 7, 2012.
Point Park Features
- "Intelligence Professor, Director Named Special Member of Vidocq Society," Point Park University website, Feb. 24, 2016.
- "Professor Selected as one of the New Pittsburgh Courier's 2014 Men of Excellence," Point Park University website, July 14, 2014.
- "Point Park Hosts National Guard on Campus for Student Information Session," Point Park University website, Oct. 23, 2013.
- "Point Park Hosts Career Event with Government and Law Enforcement Agencies," Point Park University website, April 9, 2013.
- "Criminal Justice and Intelligence Studies Chair Named President of Local Black Law Enforcement Group," Point Park University website, Nov. 8, 2012.