Professor, Criminal Justice
Graduate Program Director, Criminal Justice Administration
- Certificate in Nurse Anesthesia, Montefiore Hospital School of Nurse Anesthesia
- Diploma in Nursing, Presbyterian University Hospital School of Nursing
- Bachelor of Science, Education, Nurse Anesthesia, California University of Pennsylvania
- Master of Education, Higher Education, University of Pittsburgh
- Master of Public Management, Health Systems Management Carnegie Mellon University
- Doctor of Philosophy, Higher Education Administration and Policy Analysis, University of Pittsburgh
- Politics, Policy and Criminal Justice
- Family Violence
- Research Methods and Computer Technology
- Health Care Policy Analysis
- Master's Capstone Seminar in Criminal Justice Administration
- Graduate Practicum in Criminal Justice Administration
- History of Medicine
Lorelei Stein, Ph.D., is a professor of criminal justice and program director for the graduate program in criminal justice administration. Stein has also worked as an educator and an accreditation specialist for residency and fellowship programs. In addition to her teaching and advocacy roles, Stein is working on a research project studying juveniles in prison or jail in conjunction with the National Center for Juvenile Justice in Pittsburgh.
Professional Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed Registered Professional Nurse - Pennsylvania
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist - Pennsylvania
- Member, Board of Trustees and Legislative Committee, Family Services of Western Pennsylvania
- Member, Alumnae Council, University of Pittsburgh
- Member, Scholarship Committee, Alumnae Council, University of Pittsburgh
- Southern Association for the History of Medicine and Science
- C.F. Reynolds Medical History Society
- The impact of incarceration to children
- Education of incarcerated offenders
- Treatment of and educational programs for incarcerated juveniles
- History of medical treatment in correctional institutions
- History of mental health treatment for women
- History of medicine
- History of medical education
- Accreditation of graduate medication education in the United States
- Presented "John Millis and the Impact of the Millis Report to the Development of Accreditation of Graduate Medical Education in the United States" at the American Osler Society Annual Meeting in Philadelphia, Pa.
- Presented "The Citizens Commission on Graduate Medical Education: Its Impact to Residency Programs in the United States" at the Southern Association for the History of Medicine and Science Annual Meeting in Memphis, Tenn.
In the News
- "A newsmaker you should know: Mt. Lebanon woman provides a look at medicine in the 1800s," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, April 4, 2013.
- "Newsmaker: Lorelei Stein," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, July 11, 2012.
Point Park Features
- "Professor Lorelei Stein is an Advocate for Children of Incarcerated Parents," The Point, Spring 2012 issue.