Assistant Professor, Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Arts, Broadcast Journalism, Pennsylvania State University
- Bachelor of Science, Law Enforcement, Pennsylvania State University
- Juris Doctor, University of Pittsburgh
- New Agents Class and FBI In-Service Training and Certifications, FBI Academy
- Court Organization and Operations
- Criminal Investigation
- Police Interviewing and Interrogation Techniques
- Criminal Evidence
- Recruitment of Terrorists
- 9/11 Intelligence Failures
- International Terrorism
- Terrorist Threat Assessment
- Crisis Communications
- Active member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association
- U.S. Military campaign against Al-Qaida
- Buck v. Bell
Selected Publications and Presentations
- One of 30 scholars invited to present papers on "Ethics in Government" and "The Death of Plausible Deniability" at the Oxford Round Table at Lincoln College and Oxford University.
- Presented "9/11: A 10-Year Perspective" at Point Park University, Sept. 2011.
- Authored stage play "Meagher," based on the life of revolutionary Thomas Francis Meagher, produced in 2004.
Selected Awards and Honors
- Major Case Incentive Award, Pittsburgh Division, 2004
- Law Enforcement Agency Director's Award, 2003
- Major Case Incentive Award, Pittsburgh Division, 2000
In the News
- "Ex-SEAL may be ‘endangering our own,’ experts say," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Sept. 2, 2012.
Point Park Features
- "Point Park observes 10th anniversary of 9/11 attacks," Point Park University website, Sept. 2011.
- "Point Park Assistant Professor and AP Reporter Discuss Tracking a Terrorist," Point Park University website, May 13, 2011.