Eric Stennett, Ed.D.
Assistant Professor, Education
Director, Ed.D. in Leadership and Administration Program
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Geology and Earth Science, Wittenberg University
- Master in Education, Educational Leadership, Wright State University
- Doctorate of Education, Educational Leadership, Nova Southeastern University
- Instructional Technology
- Assistant Superintendent
- Data Driven Instruction
- Educational Administration
- Curriculum and Supervision Leadership
- Issues in Law and Education
- Theory and Practice of Leadership
- Dissertation Seminar
- Comprehensive Presentation
- Dissertation Writing I, II and II
Eric W. Stennett, Ed.D., is an assistant professor of education and director of the Ed.D. in leadership and administration program at Point Park University. He is also principal of Hampton Middle School in Allison Park, Pa. As principal, Stennett has enhanced the school's bullying prevention program and integrated technology across all content areas through the integration of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) strategies.
Prior to his current positions, Stennett was principal of Shaler Area Middle School and Jeffery Elementary School. He also has served as assistant principal for Shaler Area Intermediate School, Shaler Area Middle School, Cranberry Jr./Sr. High School and Triad Jr./Sr. High School. Stennett began his career in education as a science teacher for Triad Jr./Sr. High School.
Honors and Awards
- 2013 NASSAP/PAESSSP Middle Level Principal of the Year
- Former member of U.S. Army Reserve, 1998-2003 (honorably discharged)
- Desert Storm and Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran
- Kappa Delta Pi
- National Association of Secondary School Principals
- Pennsylvania Association of Elementary and Secondary School Principals
- Reserve Officers Association
- Adjutant General Regimental Corporation
- Association for Supervision of Curriculum and Development
In the News
- "Point Park professors trained to identify threats," WPXI-TV, Feb. 15, 2018.
Point Park Features
- "Pirates President Talks With Doctoral Students About Leadership, Vision and Purpose," Point Park University website, Jan. 23, 2018.
- "Doctoral Students Discuss Leadership Styles With Pittsburgh Mayor," Point Park University website, Oct. 16, 2017.
- "Point Park Education Instructor Named 2013 Middle School Principal of the Year," Point Park University website, July 3, 2016.