Assistant Professor, Special Education
- Bachelor of Business Administration, concentrations in management and marketing, St. Bonaventure University
- Master of Special Education, concentration in learning disabilities and special education K-12 certification, Slippery Rock University
- Special Education Supervisory Certificate, Slippery Rock University
- Doctor of Philosophy, Educational Management and Leadership, Robert Morris University
- Introduction to the Teaching Profession
- Special Education and Inclusive Practices (at the undergraduate and doctoral level)
- Differentiated Instructional Practices
- Professional Collaboration and Communication
Matthew Vogel, Ph.D., is an assistant professor of special education at Point Park University. Prior to joining Point Park, Vogel was a learning support instructor for the Seneca Valley School District in Zelienople, Pa. Before that, he was an assistant professor of special education at Slippery Rock University, where he served on a variety of committees ranging from recruitment and retention to accreditation and website design. Vogel has also worked as a highly-qualified special education emotional support, learning support and life skills instructor for North Allegheny School District, a special education learning support instructor for Greenville Area School District and director and clinical manager for the Bellefonds Neuropsychological and Reeducation Research Program at George Junior Republic in Grove City, Pa.
- Supervisory-Special Education (K-12)
- Mathematics Instructional II (7-12)
- HOUSSE Designation English (7-12)
- Mentally and/or Physically Handicapped Instructional II (K-12)
- "Hiring and Training Paraeducators: What the Future Holds," co-investigator and co-presenter, Teacher Education Division of the Council for Exceptional Children conference, Grand Rapids, Mich., Nov. 18, 2012.
- "Aspects of Diverse Special Educational Settings for Student-Teacher Supervisors," National Student Teaching and Supervision conference, Slippery Rock, Pa., April 24, 2012.
- "Cyclical Assessment," Seventh Annual Best Practices in Assessment Poster Presentation for Slippery Rock University special education department, Slippery Rock, Pa., April 10, 2012.
- "Preparing Students Diagnosed with Special Needs for the Transition to the College Experience," presentation to the Sto-Rox School District paraprofessionals, Jan. 18, 2012.
- "Effective IEP Writing Strategies," Student-Pennsylvania State Education Association, Slippery Rock University, Slippery Rock, Pa., March 15, 2011.
- "Strategies for Supervisors to Increase Student Teacher Self-Reflection," National Student Teacher Supervision conference, Slippery Rock, Pa., May 1, 2010.
Selected Awards and Leadership Positions
- Butler County United Way Red Apple Award nominee, 2011
- IEPwriter.com super administrator, 2010-present
- Seneca Valley School District Diversity Committee member, 2013-present
- Autism Speaks faculty advisor, 2011-2013
- Kappa Delta Pi faculty advisor, 2012
- Slippery Rock freshman orientation advisor, 2010-2013
- Disability Rights: Initiating Voices Everywhere faculty advisor, 2009-2011
Point Park Features
- "Professor Matthew Vogel Strives to Instill in His Students a Passion for Special Education," Point Park University website, August 8, 2016.
- "Secondary Education Student and Professor Present on Autism," Point Park University website, April 7, 2016.