Founder and Director, Project Children LEAD
- Dual Bachelor of Arts degrees, Psychology and Behavioral Science, Point Park University
- Master of Science, Counselor Education, Duquesne University
- Doctor of Philosophy, Counselor Education, University of Pittsburgh; Expanded Major: John M. Katz Graduate School of Business- Doctoral Business Administration and M.B.A. courses
- Online and Virtual Teaching and Learning
- Issues In Adult Education
- Instructional Methods for Adult Learners
- Human Diversity Issues
- Practicum/Seminar in Learning Organizations I
- Practicum/ Seminar in Adult Education and training
- Twenty First Century Schools
- Psychology of Adult Development
- Social Foundations of Education
- Adolescent Learning Theory
- Family and Community Diversity
- Violence in the Schools
- Adult Learning and Motivation
- Multicultural Diversity in Education
- Psychological Foundations
- Training and Development
- Leadership Training
- Theories of Supervision
- Organizational Behavior
- Marriage and the Family
- Early Childhood Education Seminar
- Early Childhood Education Theory and Practice
- Educational Psychology
Vincenne Revilla Beltrán, Ph.D., currently serves as a professor of education at Point Park University and is the founder and director of the Project Children LEAD (Learning Early to Appreciate Diversity) program. While her expertise is broad-based, her areas of specialization include adult education and professional development, online and virtual teaching, multicultural education and diversity issues. Employed by Point Park University in various roles since 1973, she previously served as chair of the education department and as associate dean of student development.
In addition to her community outreach efforts in Western Pa., Revilla Beltrán has been involved with educational projects in Mexico, Spain, Ireland, Peru and Puerto Rico. In 2005, she took part in an international round table conference at Oxford University on the topic of “at risk children." During her sabbatical in 2008, she worked with professors at the Universidad de Burgos, trained teachers, and visited private and public schools in Burgos, Spain. She has evaluated dozens of colleges and universities in the U.S. and in Puerto Rico for the Middle States Association and has served as a consultant and trainer for schools, non-profit and government organizations. Revilla Beltrán's work was recognized as inspiration for the 2011 book, Desarrollo De Actitudes para La Interculalidad en Educacion Infantile, by Jesus Munoz Peinado.
Revilla Beltrán has received more than two million in grants for programs, projects and initiatives. She regularly serves as a professional consultant to school districts, colleges, universities and accreditation agencies.
- National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- Professional Licensed Counselor, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Quality Matters, Sloan C: Certified Peer Reviewer of Online Courses, 2009
- Quality Matters: Certified Master Reviewer, 2012
- Certified as a consultant instructor for the Pennsylvania Keys to Professional Development PQUAS Program
- Board Certified Coach (BCC)
- Adult education
- Human diversity
- Online teaching and learning
- Teacher professional development
- Virtual learning
- Use of technology to enhance teaching and learning
- Multicultural Education: Project Children LEAD Learning Early to Appreciate Diversity Course Book.
- Author of "Conflict management styles of men and women higher education administrators," published in University Microfilms International.
- Presented "Conflict Management for Higher Education Administrators" to Hispanic Leadership Fellows Program, Project Report, New Jersey Department of Education.
- Co-author of "Bilingual education for adult learners," published in Perspectives in adult and continuing education
- Author: "A great loss: Regarding Viktor Frankl" published in Counseling Today.
- "The QM Rubric and Project Based Learning: Student Engagement in online and hybrid learning in K-12," STREAM Academy. Pittsburgh, Pa., March 2012.
- "Introducing and Adopting the New QM 6-12 Rubric Through a Systematic Professional Development Process," Quality Matters Annual Conference. Baltimore, Md., Nov. 2011.
- "The Non-Keynote Keynote: The New Classroom. Educational Management Corporation," Pittsburgh, Pa., July 2011.
- "Leveraging 2.0 Technology in the Classroom. Educational Management Corporation," Pittsburgh, Pa., July 2011.
- "Virtual Learning in Higher Education. Frostburg State University," Zest for Tech Conference. Frostburg, Md., July 2011.
- "Engaging Diverse Learners through Online Instruction," 6th Annual LEAD Conference, Point Park University. Pittsburgh, Pa., May 2011.
- "Taking the Leap from Face-to-Face to Online Learning and Everything in Between," 6th Annual LEAD Conference, Point Park University. Pittsburgh, Pa., May 2011.
- “Addressing diverse student needs in an era of Standards Based Education,” North Allegheny School District. Pittsburgh, Pa., April 2011.
- "Using Virtual Worlds in K-12 Education: Breathing Second Life into online learning," Pittsburgh, Pa., Jan. 2011.
- “The Promotion of Active Student Engagement as a Pathway to Deep and Lasting Learning- It’s an Art," Pittsburgh, Pa., Jan. 2011.
- Director of the “5th Annual Multicultural Conference: “Improving Multicultural Education Through Interactive Learning,”Point Park University, Pittsburgh, Pa., May 2010.
- “Multicultural Diversity in an Era of Standards Based Education,” North Allegheny School District, New Teacher Induction Program, Pittsburgh, Pa., April 2010.
- Director of the “4th Annual Multicultural Conference: “Implementing Technology Rich Multicultural Educational Experiences in the Digital Age,” Point Park University, Pittsburgh, Pa., May 2009.
- “Multicultural Diversity in an Era of Standards Based Education,” North Allegheny School District, New Teacher Induction Program, Pittsburgh, Pa., Feb. 2009.
- “Human Diversity Issues in Education," Allegheny Intermediate Unit: Plum Boro High School, Pittsburgh, Pa., Oct. 2008.
- “Aspects of Multicultural Education in the US; Teacher Training Academic Standards in Pennsylvania; The Utilization of Project Children LEAD and Project ECHO," Universidad de Burgos, Burgos, Spain, April 2008.
- “Multicultural Education in the United States, Teacher Training: The Utilization of Project Children LEAD," Apostol San Pablo, Burgos, Spain, April 2008.
- Director of Project ECHO conference: “Maximizing Family Involvement with Diverse Families,” Pittsburgh, Pa. Nov. 2007.
- Director of the “3rd Annual Multicultural Conference: “Taking the First Step: Teacher Self-Awareness," Point Park University, Pittsburgh, Pa., Nov. 2007.
- “Creating Learning Environments that Reflect and are Responsive to Children’s Ages, Abilities, Interests, and Home Culture,” Project ECHO, Pittsburgh, Pa., Nov. 2007.
- “Multicultural Diversity Education in an Era of Standards Based Education.” Barnes and Noble, Cranberry, Pa., Oct. 2007.
- “Educational Administrators and Teachers as Change Agents: Facilitating the Appreciation of Human Diversity," Prince William County School District Counselors, Va., Aug. 2007.
- Director of Project ECHO Conference, “Critical Issues in the Early Childhood Education Setting:Challenging Behaviors, Diversity and Family Involvement,” Pittsburgh, Pa., aApril 2007.
- "Counselors as Change Agents: Facilitating the Appreciation of Human Diversity," Prince William County School District Counselors, Va., April 2007.
- "Young Learners Can LEAD the Way! Introducing a Sequence of Developmentally Appropriate Diversity Lessons Based on Academic Standards," Prince William County School District Teachers, Va., April 2007.
- Director of Project ECHO Conference, “Standards and Assessment for Early Childhood Educators," Pittsburgh, Pa., March 2007.
- “Diversity Education for Early Childhood Settings," Presented to Western Pennsylvania Early Childhood Educators, Point Park University, Pittsburgh, Pa., March 2007.
- “Contemporary Issues in the Teaching and Learning process for Post Secondary Students,” The Art Institute of Pittsburgh, Educational Management, Pittsburgh, Pa., March 2007.
- Director of Project ECHO Conference, “Leadership Development for Directors of Early Childhood Education Programs," Pittsburgh, Pa., Feb. 2007.
- Director of Project ECHO Conference, “Professional Leadership for Early Childhood Directors and Practitioners," Pittsburgh, Pa., Jan. 2007.
- “Counselors as Change Agents: Facilitating the Appreciation of Human Diversity," presented to the Allegheny County Counselors Association, Carlow University, Pittsburgh, Pa., Dec. 2006.
- “Enhancing Diversity Courses through Faculty Collaboration.” Presented at the 16th Annual International Conference of the National Association of Multicultural Education in Phoenix, Ariz., Nov. 2005.
- “Project Children LEAD (Learning Early to Appreciate Diversity), An Early Childhood Curriculum Model," Presented at the 16th Annual International Conference of the National Association of Multicultural Education Phoenix, Ariz., Nov. 2005.
Awards and Honors
- Who’s Who Among American Teachers, 2004
- Point Park University, Outstanding Contribution to New Programs, 2000
- American Society for Training and Development, Outstanding Teacher, 1994
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, 20 years of Service, 1994
- Who’s Who Among Hispanic Americans, 1992
- Pennsylvania Association of Developmental Educators, Outstanding Educator, 1991
- Pennsylvania Department of Education, 1990
- Point Park University Alumni Association, first recipient of Outstanding Alumni, 1988
- Pennsylvania Association of Developmental Educators, Outstanding Program, 1987
- Hispanic Leadership Fellows Program, First Class, 1984
- American Counseling Association
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Association of Virtual Worlds
- Pennsylvania Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Pennsylvania Counseling Association
- American Society for Training and Development
- National Association for Multicultural Education
- Virtual Educators Alliance
Point Park Features
- "Faculty Profile: Meet Vincenne Revilla Beltrán, Ph.D., Professor of Education," Point Park University website, July 9, 2014.
- "Singapore Educators Meet with Graduate Education Professors," Point Park University website, July 3, 2014.
- "Graduate Education Department Welcomes Educators from Central and South America," Point Park University website, April 8, 2013.