The Master of Arts degree in curriculum and instruction at Point Park University is designed to accommodate teaching professionals or those professionals in higher education or in adult education and training. The program shifts the focus of course work from theory to pragmatic application to best serve educators.
This intensive fast-track program offers four concentrations from which to choose:
Alum Paul Cindric implements curriculum and instruction expertise at Allegheny Intermediate Unit.
Curriculum and instruction capstone course helps alum Preeti Juneja land a position as a college instructor.
- Adult learning and training;
- Pennsylvania certification for supervisor in curriculum and instruction;
- English as a second language; and
- General curriculum and instruction.
Classes are offered Saturdays, evenings and in summer institutes.
We have built our curriculum on the following educational objectives:
- To provide professional educators with a thorough understanding of educational theories while emphasizing collaborative, hands-on, learning which using appropriate technologies;
- To prepare professional educators to develop curricula for content areas that incorporate diverse learner populations and settings across the lifespan;
- To prepare professional educators to develop appropriate and effective instructional methods which address the needs of diverse student populations across content area and in a variety of classroom settings; and
- To prepare professional educators to successfully address contemporary educational issues such as: effective classroom and behavior management; diversity issues; learning styles and differentiated instruction; and integration of technology across the curriculum.
Some of the courses in the Master of Arts in curriculum and instruction graduate program include:
- Instructional Methods
- Technological Applications Across the Curriculum
- Human Diversity Issues in Education
- Human Behavior and Classroom Management
- Issues in Adult Education
- 21st Century Schools
New Fall 2013: Tuition discount
Starting fall semester 2013, Point Park University is providing a tuition discount for all certificate and master's degree education programs. This tuition discount is approximately 34 percent below the standard rate for the master's degree programs and 27 percent below for the certificate programs.
New and returning education certificate and master's degree students will receive this lower tuition rate as follows:
- Discounted cost per credit: $520
- Discounted cost for a 3-credit class: $1,560
For more details on tuition and fees at Point Park for 2013-14, please visit our tuition and fees page.
Off-Campus Graduate Education Programs
Interested in pursuing this program at an off-campus location? Learn more about our off-campus graduate education cohort programs.
Videos: Graduate Education Programs at Point Park