Fully Online Options Available
Point Park University's Master of Arts in curriculum and instruction degree program is designed to accommodate teaching professionals as well as other professionals working in higher education or adult education and training. This master's program shifts the focus of course work from theory to pragmatic application to best serve educators.
Students can choose from three concentration options, two of which are offered fully online:
Alumnus Paul Cindric implements his curriculum and instruction expertise at Allegheny Intermediate Unit.
Curriculum and instruction course helps alumna Preeti Juneja land a position as a college instructor.
- Adult learning and training (Fully online option available);
- General curriculum and instruction (Fully online option available); and
- Pennsylvania certification for supervisor in curriculum and instruction.
On-campus classes are offered on Saturdays, evenings and in summer institutes.
Curriculum and Instruction Program Objectives
- To provide professional educators with a thorough understanding of educational theories while emphasizing collaborative, hands-on, learning which uses appropriate technologies;
- To prepare professional educators to develop curricula for content areas that incorporate diverse learner populations and settings across the lifespan;
- To prepare professional educators to develop appropriate and effective instructional methods which address the needs of diverse student populations across content area and in a variety of classroom settings; and
- To prepare professional educators to successfully address contemporary educational issues such as: effective classroom and behavior management; diversity issues; learning styles and differentiated instruction; and integration of technology across the curriculum.
Curriculum and Instruction Course Offerings
Some of the courses in the Master of Arts in curriculum and instruction graduate program include:
- Instructional Methods
- Technological Applications Across the Curriculum
- Human Diversity Issues in Education
- Human Behavior and Classroom Management
- Issues in Adult Education
- 21st Century Schools
Tuition discount (For On-Campus Classes)
Students are eligible for Point Park’s tuition discount being offered for all certificate and master's degree education programs. This tuition discount is approximately 47 percent below the standard rate for master's degree programs and 41 percent below the standard rate for certificate programs.
New and returning education certificate and master's degree students will receive this lower tuition rate as follows:
- Discounted cost per credit: $454
- Discounted cost for a three-credit class: $1,362
Videos: On-Campus Graduate Education Programs at Point Park