Become a Leader with an Educational Administration Degree and Principal Certificate
Are you a professional in education with at least three years of relevant experience and wish to enter into a leadership position? If so, the master's in educational administration program will advance your professional knowledge and lead you to Pre-K through grade 12 principal certification.
Educational administration alum Adam Sikorski is a principal at Pittsburgh Colfax K-8.
Choose Your Learning Style: Downtown Campus, Hybrid or Fully Online
Our master's degree in educational administration is conveniently offered in a variety of delivery formats, allowing students to customize their learning experience.
Choose from one of the following three delivery formats:
Downtown campus: All face-to-face classes at Point Park University's campus in Downtown Pittsburgh
Hybrid: A combination of online and face-to-face classes at your choice of one of the following locations: Cranberry area, Southpointe area, Monroeville area or Point Park's campus in Downtown Pittsburgh
- Fully online: An active and engaging online courseroom environment that includes assignments, materials, discussion threads, assessments and/or group activities done electronically
The mission of the Master of Arts in educational administration program is to prepare professional educators for leadership positions as school administrators or principals by:
- Advancing professional knowledge that supports the intellectual, social and personal development of learners;
- Integrating leadership and supervisory theories and skills with problem solving and decision making models;
- Encouraging collaboration, communication, professional development and responsible management of educational programs and resources; and
- Conducting educational research that enhances organizational effectiveness.
Educational Administration Course Offerings
Some of the courses in the master's degree in educational administration program include:
- Human Development and Classroom Management
- Issues in Law and Education
- Educational Administration
- The Principalship
- Curriculum Supervision and Leadership
- Applied Research Practicum
To learn more, view the degree requirements.
Courses in the educational administration graduate program are taught by faculty who have years of real-world experience as principals, superintendents and other school administrators.
Students are eligible for Point Park’s tuition discount being offered for all certificate and master's degree education programs. This tuition discount is approximately 47 percent below the standard rate for master's degree programs.
New and returning education certificate and master's degree students will receive this lower tuition rate as follows:
- Discounted cost per credit: $467
- Discounted cost for a three-credit class: $1,401
For more details on tuition and fees at Point Park for 2016-17, please visit our tuition and fees page.