Graduate Education Cohort Programs to Be Offered Off-Campus in Fall 2014
In fall 2014, Point Park University's graduate education department will once again offer off-campus cohort programs for teachers and K-12 school personnel.
Courses will be taught by dedicated faculty with real-world teaching and administrative experience in education. Course schedules and locations for the off-campus cohort programs will be selected based on feedback from teachers and administrators across Western Pennsylvania.
Please join us at an information session to discuss our programs, the admissions process and any questions you might have.
All sessions begin at 4:30 p.m.
- Propel Braddock Hills High School, Room 145: Wed., Jan. 15, 2014
- Franklin Regional High School, Room 122: Wed., Jan. 29 and Wed., Feb. 19, 2014
- Upper St. Clair High School, LGI room: Thurs., Jan. 16, 2014
- Canon-McMillan High School, Room 113, Blue wing: Thurs., Jan. 30 and Thurs., Feb. 20, 2014
- Seneca Valley High School, Room 101: Tues., Jan. 14, Tues., Jan. 28 and Tues., Feb. 18, 2014
To RSVP for an information session, please complete this online form.
If you are interested in completing your graduate degree or principal certification closer to home, please complete our interest survey here. You’ll be asked for your preferences with regard to program and location, as well as some additional information that will help us serve your needs. Your feedback is very important to us and plays a critical role in our decision-making process.
Potential Off-Campus Programs and Locations
Various locations in southwestern Pennsylvania are being considered.
- Northern location will be off Rt. 79 in Butler County.
- Southern location will be off Rt. 79 in Washington County.
- Eastern location will be off Rt. 22 in Westmoreland County.
The programs that could potentially be offered off-campus in fall 2014 are:
- M.A. in Educational Administration
- M.A. in Curriculum and Instruction
- M.Ed. in Special Education
- M.Ed. in Teaching and Leadership
- K-12 Principal Certificate (candidates must already have a graduate degree in education)
Please complete our online survey to let us know your areas of interest regarding programs and locations.
Class Schedules and Program Completion
- A complete course sequence will be set for each student at the beginning of his or her cohort program.
- Students will take two classes per semester.
- Courses will run in eight-week sessions, one night per week, generally from 4:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Off-campus graduate education students are eligible for Point Park’s tuition discount being offered for all certificate and master's degree education programs. This tuition discount is approximately 35* percent below the standard rate for master's degree programs and 26* percent below the standard rate for certificate programs.
New and returning education certificate and master's degree students will receive this lower tuition rate as follows:
- Discounted cost per credit: $530*
- Discounted cost for a three-credit class: $1,590*
*All discounts are estimates based on anticipated tuition rates for fall 2014. Tuition rate has not been set.
For more details on tuition and fees at Point Park for 2013-14, please visit our tuition and fees page.
Frequently Asked Questions
For questions on application requirements and financial aid, view this admissions checklist.