Graduate Education Cohort Programs to Be Offered Off-Campus in Fall 2014
In fall 2014, Point Park University's graduate education department will once again offer off-campus cohort programs for teachers and K-12 school personnel.
Courses will be taught by dedicated faculty with real-world teaching and administrative experience in education. Course schedules and locations for the off-campus cohort programs will be selected based on feedback from teachers and administrators across Western Pennsylvania.
Please join us at an information session to discuss our programs, the admissions process and any questions you might have.
All sessions begin at 4:30 p.m.
- Franklin Regional High School, Room 122: Wed., May 7, 2014
- Canon-McMillan High School, Room 113, Blue wing: Thurs., April 24; and Thurs., May 8, 2014
- Seneca Valley High School, Room 101: Tues., May 6, 2014
To RSVP for an information session, please complete this online form.
If you are interested in completing your graduate degree or principal certification closer to home, please complete our interest survey here. You’ll be asked for your preferences with regard to program and location, as well as some additional information that will help us serve your needs. Your feedback is very important to us and plays a critical role in our decision-making process.
Off-Campus Locations and Programs
Graduate education classes will be offered at the following sites in the Pittsburgh region:
- East: Franklin Regional High School, Room 122
- South: Canon-McMillan High School, Room 113, Blue wing
- North: Seneca Valley High School, Room 101
Depending on interest level, the programs that could potentially be offered at these sites are:
- M.A. in Educational Administration
- M.A. in Curriculum and Instruction
- M.Ed. in Special Education
- M.Ed. in Teaching and Leadership
- K-12 Principal Certificate (candidates must already have a graduate degree in education)
Please complete our online survey to let us know your areas of program interest.
Class Schedules and Program Completion
- A complete course sequence will be set for each student at the beginning of his or her cohort program.
- Students will take two classes per semester.
- Courses will run in eight-week sessions, one night per week, generally from 4:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Off-campus graduate education students are eligible for Point Park’s tuition discount being offered for all certificate and master's degree education programs. This tuition discount is approximately 35 percent below the standard rate for master's degree programs and 28 percent below the standard rate for certificate programs.
New and returning education certificate and master's degree students will receive this lower tuition rate as follows:
- Discounted cost per credit: $530
- Discounted cost for a three-credit class: $1,590
For more details on tuition and fees at Point Park for 2014-15, please visit our tuition and fees page.
Frequently Asked Questions
For questions on application requirements and financial aid, view this admissions checklist.