Assistant Professor, History
- Bachelor of Arts, History and French, Tulane University
- Tulane/Newcomb Abroad Program, Université de Paris IV
- Master of Arts, History, University of Virginia
- Doctor of Philosophy, History, University of Virginia
- Introduction to the Study of History
- Elementary French I and II
- French Revolution and Napoleon
- Nationalism and Nation Building
- History of the Middle East
- 20th Century Europe
- Women in Global Perspective
- Seminar in History
- Foundations in Feminism
Jehnie Reis, Ph.D., is an assistant professor of history at Point Park University. She is also the faculty leader for the First Year Experience Course, City-University Life. Reis did her undergraduate work at Tulane University and spent a year in Paris at the Université de Paris IV. She completed her master's degree and Ph.D. at the University of Virginia in Modern European History with a focus on 20th century France. She has taught courses on gender, the Holocaust and the Modern Middle East as well as European history surveys. Her research interests center around the role of the "other" in mainstream society and the debates about political and social consciousness.
Selected Publications and Presentations
- "Mixtape Nostalgia: American youth culture and memory," Southwest Popular/American Culture Association (SWPACA), Feb. 2017.
- "Creating a new community in the 'zone': Borders, Foreignness and the Cité Universitaire in Interwar Paris," Society for French Historical Studies Annual Conference, April 2015.
- "Creating a new community in the 'zone': Borders, Foreignness and the Cité Universitaire in Interwar Paris," City Margins City Memories Interdisciplinary Conference, April 2014.
- "L'identité indochinoise en question : idéalisme français et dissidences à la Cité Universitaire de Paris dans l’entre-deux-guerres"/“Debating Indochinese Identity: French Idealism and Interwar Protest at the Cité Universitaire” in“ La mobilisation des immigrés pour la décolonisation. France, 1930-1970," Migrance, No. 39, Oct. 2012.
- "Presenting French Diversity to 'others' in the Interwar Metropole," Idea of France Conference at the University of Pittsburgh, 2011.
- "Cultural internationalism at the Cité Universitaire: international education between the First and Second World Wars," History of Education, 2010.
- "International Education and Philanthropy at the Cité Universitaire de Paris in the Interwar Era," Midwest Conference on British Studies, 2009.
- "French views of Japan in the interwar era: the Foundation Satsuma," Rocky Mountain Interdisciplinary History Conference, 2006.
- "Questions of Self Definition: the Indochina House at the Cité Universitaire," French Colonia Historical Society Annual Meeting, 2004.
Point Park Features
- "Students in History Classes Step Outside of Their Textbooks and Back in Time," Point Park University website, Sept. 26, 2016.
- "History and Honors Programs Host 'Wonder Women of World War II' Event," Point Park University website, March 24, 2016.
- "History Students Visit Holocaust Memorial Museum, Meet With Survivor," Point Park University website, Oct. 29, 2014.
- "Walking Tour Educates Point Park Freshmen About the History of Downtown Pittsburgh," Point Park University website, Sept. 18, 2014.
- "HHS Symposium Features Historian on Witch Hunting and Students' Research Work," Point Park University website, April 29, 2013.
- "Professors Teach Mini-Classes as Part of Girl Scouts 100th Anniversary Celebration," Point Park University website, Aug. 27, 2012.
- "History Professor Authors Article Published in French Journal," Point Park University website, Oct. 30, 2012.
- "Faculty Profile: Step Back in Time with Historian Jehnie Reis," Point Park University website, Oct. 21, 2011.