Assistant Professor, Composition and Rhetoric
Director, University's Writing Program
- Bachelor of Arts, English Literature, The Pennsylvania State University
- Doctor of Philosophy, Critical and Cultural Studies with a Certificate in Composition, Literacy, Pedagogy and Rhetoric, University of Pittsburgh
- English Composition I
- English Composition II
- Writing Studio
Kirstin Collins Hanley, Ph.D., is an assistant professor of composition and rhetoric in the Department of Humanities and Human Sciences at Point Park and director of the University's writing program. Hanley has taught a range of courses, focusing on composition theory, professional and academic writing, women’s studies, and 18th Century British Literature. Her research explores the intersections between proto-feminist literatures and composition studies. Before coming to Point Park University, she was an assistant professor at the State University of New York at Fredonia.
- Mary Wollstonecraft, Pedagogy and the Practice of Feminism, New York: Routledge, 2013.
- "'A New Servitude': Pedagogy and Feminist Practice in Brontë's Jane Eyre," Nineteenth-Century Gender Studies, Winter 2009 issue.
- "Wollstonecraft in Translation: The Re-Education of Young Grandison," Southeastern Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies Conference, Charleston, S.C., March 2013.
- "Mary Wollstonecraft's Legacy of Teaching and Learning," Southeastern Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies Conference, Decatur, Ga., March 2012.
- "A Curious Legacy: Mary Wollstonecraft's Pedagogy and the Novels of Jane Austen," The Nineteenth Annual British Women Writer's Conference, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, April 2011.
- "Service-Learning in First-Year Composition," Western New York Service-Learning Conference, Canisius College, Buffalo, N.Y., October 2010.
- "Promoting Global Thinking through Local Issues: Feminist Pedagogy as Global Pedagogy in First-Year Composition," Gender Across Borders Conference, SUNY at Buffalo, Buffalo, N.Y., April 2010.
- "Re-Educating The Female Reader," Southeastern Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies Conference, Johnson City, Tenn., February 2010.
Point Park Features
- "Faculty Profile: Kirstin Hanley, Assistant Professor of Composition and Rhetoric," Point Park University website, Dec. 5, 2013.