STUDENT OUTCOMES | FACULTY LISTING | A.S. DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
B.S. DEGREE REQUIREMENTS | TYPICAL B.S. SEQUENCE | COURSE DESCRIPTIONS
Upon graduation, a graduate of the B.S. program in civil engineering technology should be capable of successfully carrying out the duties of a civil engineering technologist. The following program learning objectives list the abilities a successful civil engineering technologist will possess within a few years after graduation.
1. Graduates will apply their theoretical knowledge of materials, structures, hydraulics and environmental science to test, analyze, improve and design civil engineering systems.
2. Graduates will employ standard analysis and design techniques where appropriate, including the use of formulas, handbook results and application-specific software.
3. Graduates will recognize the limitations of standard analysis and design techniques and will apply basic principles of science and mathematics to solve non-standard problems.
4. Graduates will collaborate with other professionals as effective members of technical and managerial teams.
5. Graduates will design and carry out laboratory and field tests, interpret the results and use these results in the analysis and design of civil engineering systems.
6. Graduates will analyze, design and manage technical projects using accepted quantitatively-based methods.
7. Graduates will communicate effectively with other professionals using oral communication, written techniques and office and presentation software.
8. Graduates will grow professionally through self-study, continuing education, participation in professional societies and the pursuit of professional registration or licensure.
9. Graduates will consider the social and ethical implications of their work and will comply with all applicable codes and regulations; they will be especially mindful of the environmental effects of their work and will use current best practices to prevent, mitigate or reverse environmental damage whenever possible.