- Bachelor of Science, Mathematics, Carnegie Mellon University
- Post Baccalaureate, Mathematics Education, Point Park University
- Master of Arts, Mathematics, University of Pittsburgh
- Doctor of Education, Mathematics Education, University of Pittsburgh
- The Mathematical Experience
- Online Mathematics
- General Mathematics for Elementary Education
- College Algebra
- Discrete Mathematics
- Introduction to Natural Sciences and Engineering Technology
Professor Mark Marnich's principal interests are undergraduate mathematics pedagogy and curriculum development, in particular, problem solving approaches and online education. His mathematical interests include statistics and applied mathematics, particularly in engineering. His current work includes statistically analyzing the antioxidant potential of hydroxy compounds. Marnich enjoys teaching the diverse population of students at Point Park University and challenging their preconceptions of mathematics.
- Pennsylvania Teaching Certification - Secondary Mathematics
- "Relating two conceptualizations of the arithmetic mean," Joint Statistical Meetings, Washington, D.C., Aug. 2009.
- "Connecting multiple conceptions of a singular statistical concept," United States Conference on Teaching Statistics, Ohio State University, June 2009.
- "A knowledge structure for the arithmetic mean: Relationships between statistical conceptualizations and mathematical concepts," doctoral dissertation, University of Pittsburgh, 2008.
- "Thinking versus doing mathematics," Colloquium Series, Point Park University, March 2008.
- "A proposed knowledge structure for the arithmetic mean, CGSE Conference, University of Pittsburgh, March 2008.
- "Elements of online teaching," Online Education Symposium, Point Park University, March 2007.
- Mathematical pedagogy emphasizing conceptual learning
- Online mathematics education
- Mathematics role in core curriculum
- American Statistical Association
- Mathematical Association of America
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
Point Park Features
- "Point Park hosts inaugural mathematics symposium for high school students," Point Park University website, Nov. 13, 2012.