Complete Your Bachelor's Degree in Health Services in Downtown Pittsburgh
Point Park University's health services major is a Bachelor of Science capstone program offered to individuals with an associate degree in a health services areas. Such areas include certified registered nurse anesthetist, dietetic and food management technician, emergency medical technician, medical assistant, medical laboratory technician, medical record technician, nuclear medicine technician, registered nurse, radiation therapy technician, respiratory therapist or health/physical education.
The health services program has a 33-credit distribution in liberal arts and sciences and 30 credits in one of the following two concentrations students can choose from:
- Business Administration - This is for anyone seeking management positions in clinics, hospitals or food services operations and for anyone wanting to be involved in areas of supervision, personnel, leadership training, employee development or adult education in public, private or non-profit organizations.
- Public Health - This concentration is offered for those who want to be involved in aspects of public or environmental health, nutrition or occupational safety.
Course Offerings in the Health Services Major
You will receive a well-rounded education through Point Park's core curriculum and classes in the health services major. Some of the courses include:
- General Biology I and II
- Contemporary Issues in Health Services
- Health Services Seminar
- Environmental Health
- Occupational Safety and Health
Health Service Jobs
With a health services degree, you will have the option to pursue various career opportunities in areas such as:
- Health Information Management
- Clinical Laboratory Science
- Dental Hygiene
- Public Health
- Behavioral Science and Health Education
- Health Policy and Administration
- Environmental and Occupational Health