A real-world education
You're curious. You're creative. You see stories everywhere, and you want to tell them with words, pictures, video and interactive technology. You may want to be a video producer, photojournalist, reporter, web designer, public relations specialist or advertising copywriter. An exciting career in communications can start right here at Point Park's School of Communication.
We offer undergraduate degree programs and also have a hands-on graduate program. With the city of Pittsburgh as your campus, you'll have professors who teach from their own real-world experience. You'll have access to successful, working professionals. And, you'll have internship and job opportunities with leading companies and organizations.
Undergraduate Degree Programs
- Broadcast production and programming
- Broadcasting reporting
- Mass communication
- Public relations and advertising
Other undergraduate programs
- Integrated marketing communications (Saturday Fast program)
- Secondary education-mass communication (collaborative effort with the Education Department)
We offer an M.A. in communication technology, an M.A. in journalism and mass communication and, in conjunction with the School of Business, an M.A./M.B.A. program. Point Park's master's programs are designed to fit the busy life of an adult — with our convenient Downtown location and evening classes.
- Master of Arts in communication technology
- Master of Arts in journalism and mass communication
- M.A./M.B.A. with concentrations in: public relations and advertising management, print/digital media management, and broadcast/digital media management