Bringing sports industry expertise to Point Park
The Pittsburgh Center for Sports Media and Marketing, part of Point Park's School of Communication, focuses on regional, national and international topics and trends in the fast growing sports industry. The center brings leading executives from all facets of the sports industry to the Point Park campus to speak at workshops and seminars.
These events give Point Park students the opportunity to hear from top industry professionals about best practices and principles within sports media and marketing, and to make networking connections that can be vital to pursuing a career in the sports industry.
Over the past year, the center brought the following sports professionals to Point Park:
Check out past workshops:
- Bill Hillgrove, play-by-play announcer, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Paul Steigerwald, play-by-play announcer, Pittsburgh Penguins
- Greg Brown, play-by-play announcer, Pittsburgh Pirates
- Michael DeCourcy, college basketball columnist, Sporting News
- Cindy Freed, vice president, sales marketing, ESPN
- Carrie Brzezinski, senior director of marketing solutions, ESPN
- Terry Rodgers, social media coordinator, Pittsburgh Pirates
- Jennifer Bullano, director of communications, Pittsburgh Penguins
- Jeff Gregor, executive vice president and chief marketing officer, TNT and TBS
- Frank Coonelly, president, Pittsburgh Pirates
- David Morehouse, CEO, Pittsburgh Penguins
- Corky Hall, CEO, Stellus Consulting
- Brian Ross, director of marketing, TBS Late Night
- Mike "Doc" Emrick, NBC Sports play-by-play announcer
For information on future seminars and workshops as they are scheduled, visit the School of Communication news page.
- Mike Fetchko, co-director: email@example.com or (412) 325-0525
- Tom McMillan, co-director: firstname.lastname@example.org or (412) 255-1828
- Micky Haney, graduate assistant: email@example.com