Assistant Professor of Photography
- M.F.A., Studio Art/Photography, University of California, Irvine
- B.F.A., Photography, University of Akron
- Digital Printing Methodologies
- Experimental Black and White Photography
- View Camera Techniques
- Senior Thesis
- Associated Artists of Pittsburgh
- College Art Association
- Society for Photographic Education
Selected Artistic Works
- "Review: Saudade," Flavorpill, Miracle Mile Art Walk: Galleries and Museums to Check Out, 2012.
- "Review: The De-Socialized Landscape Curated by Grant Vetter," Farsited: Foundation of Art Resources, 2011.
Selected Awards and Honors
- Residency Grant, The Vermont Studio Center, 2012
- Pedagogical Fellowship, University of California, Irvine, 2010
- California Fellowship for the Arts, University of California, Irvine, 2010
In the News
- "April Friges' Show Interrogates Photography's Limits," Pittsburgh City Paper, Dec. 17, 2014.
- "Point Park Professor's Photos on Exhibit in Oakland," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Dec. 11, 2014.
- "Light Show: Solo Exhibit Serves as 'Spectator' to Effects of Exposure," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Dec. 3, 2014.
- "Sewickley Sweetwater Exhibit Examines 'Pop' Influences," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Jan. 15, 2014.