Associate Professor of Multimedia
- Ph.D., Educational Technology, Nova Southeastern University
- M.A., Organizational Communication, University of Albany
- B.A., Broadcast Journalism and Business, SUNY College at Buffalo
- Survey of Mass Communication
- Intro to Visual Communication
- Online Journalism/Intro to Multimedia
- Publications Production I & II
- Desktop & Electronic Publishing
- Web Publishing & Editing
- Citizen and Community Journalism
- Information Graphics
- Multimedia Capstone
- Social Media
- University Experience
Heather Starr Fiedler, Ph.D. is an associate professor of multimedia. She specializes in new and emerging media technology and online journalism. Prior to coming to Point Park in 2000, she taught business and computer science at West Virginia Northern Community College, communications at Robert Morris University and was the director of training for Gateway Computers in Pittsburgh. She lives in Cheswick with her husband and two sons Matthew and Benjamin.
- Adviser, Online News Association student chapter
- Vice President of Education, Media Association of Pittsburgh
- Broadcast Educators Association
- Interactive Media Technologies Division student awards co-chair
- Adviser to college literary magazine, The Cavalcade
- Coordinator of University Experience Program
- Plan and oversee High School Programs
- "Keep it Pinteresting," Broadcast Educators Association, 2012
Awards and Honors
- Named one of 14 "Women in Media" by the Women & Girls Foundation, 2010
- Selected as one of Pittsburgh's 40 Under 40, 2009
- Communicator Awards — PittsburghMom.com, 2009
Point Park Feature
- "A Discussion on Digital Media with Heather Starr Fiedler," Point Park University website, Dec. 7, 2009.
In the News
- "Point Park Students Go Beyond Just Building Resumes," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Nov. 3, 2014.
- "Point Park Student Agency to Help Nonprofits Connect," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, April 15, 2014.