Broadcast reporting major Alex Grubbs covers stories on Capitol Hill during internship with Media Research Center.
Internships Provide Hands-On Experience
Complement your in-class learning by taking your skills into the real world.
Students in the School of Communication can earn credits towards a degree by spending 200 hours perfecting their skills at a high-profile company. Our urban campus located in Downtown Pittsburgh puts you in the corporate heart of a world-class city.
From newspapers to magazines, broadcast stations to production houses, advertising agencies to public relations firms, art galleries to Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits — you can find them all within walking distance of Point Park.
- Alex Grubbs, Media Research Center
- Neil Strebig, Pittsburgh Magazine
- Josh Croup, Pittsburgh Pirates
- Candice McDermott, Edgar Snyder & Associates
- Chelsey Driskel, Sheetz
- Maggie McCauley, Pittsburgh Three Rivers Marathon
- Stone Swiess, Pittsburgh Penguins
- Abbey Newhouse, Pittsburgh Film Office
- Kariann Mano, Carnegie Science Center
Blaine King and Don Noel Ranasinghe, Washington Wild Things
- Phillip Poupore, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
- Aubrey Henken, WQED Multimedia
- Liz Berie, Pittsburgh Riverhounds
- Laura Jennings, Bally Design
- Emily Kolek, Westinghouse
- Emily Bastaroli, Whirl Magazine
- Katelyn Howard, Heinz History Center
- Nicole Martin, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- Sara Payne, Pittsburgh Downtown Community Development Corporation
- Kathryn Jones, Toonseum
- Connor Mulvaney, Pittsburgh Pirates Baseball Club