Assistant Professor Robin Cecala, students Laurie Smith and Sam DeGregorio film an event for Mainstay Life Services.
The School of Communication operates Wood Street Communications, an initiative to help connect nonprofits seeking assistance with communications services with Point Park students.
Wood Street Communications is offered as an integrated marketing capstone class and select courses in photo, video, design and public relations. Students can also participate as part of their practicum, apprenticeship or apply for freelance work.
Students gain hands-on professional experience providing the following services to clients:
- Public relations and advertising
- Graphic and web design
- Photography and videography
- Social media and branding
- Publication writing and design
- Event planning
- Amachi Pittsburgh
- American Heart Association
- Balmoral School of Piping and Drumming
- Catalyst Connection
- Community Reel Arts Center
- Conservation Consultants Inc.
- Family Promises of Southwestern PA
- Fern Hallow Nature Center
- Group Against Smog and Pollution
- Historic Harmony Weaver Program
- Jubilee Christian School
- Mainstay Life Services
- Maya Organization
- Off the Floor Pittsburgh
- Outreached Arms
- Pittsburgh Aids Task Force
- Pittsburgh Concert Choral
- Priority Two
- Rebuilding Together
- Regional Health Literacy Coalition
- Rivers of Steel National Heritage Area
- Southwestern PA BotsIQ
- Squirrel Hill Food Pantry
- Veteran’s Research Foundation of Pittsburgh
- Village Green Partners
- Ward Home, Inc.
- Zachary’s Mission
To learn more, visit the Wood Street Communications website.
In the News
- "Point Park Students Go Beyond Just Building Resumes," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Nov. 3, 2014.
- "Point Park Student Agency to Help Nonprofits Connect," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, April 15, 2014.
Heather Starr Fiedler, Director