Gain New Perspectives on the World By Studying Abroad
"I have grown so much from studying abroad. It was such a fantastic experience and the best decision I ever made."
-- Töve Johnson, SAEM student, studied abroad at Regent's University London
Studying abroad can be an amazing opportunity to expand your view of the world, learn about different cultures and grow personally and professionally. Students at Point Park who have studied abroad have described it as "amazing," “inspiring,” “fantastic," "memorable" and “a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.”
Key Benefits of Studying Abroad
As a study abroad student, you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain new insights, ideas and perspectives on the world
- Immerse yourself in different cultural environments
- Experience independence like never before
- Make memories to last a lifetime
In addition, your study abroad experience will enhance your co-curricular transcript by demonstrating to potential employers you are a well-rounded candidate for any position.
Study Abroad Destination Options
Students have three options for pursuing a study abroad experience:
- Point Park-sponsored programs through Regent’s University London and American University of Rome
- Independent study abroad programs such as Semester at Sea® and IES Abroad®
- International travel on faculty-led trips for shorter periods of time (two to three weeks on average)
Learn more about your options on the study abroad destinations page.
Preparing to Study Abroad
From the application process and meeting with your academic advisor to applying for/renewing your passport and making travel arrangements, studying abroad requires extensive planning.
If you are considering studying abroad, visit the preparing to study abroad page for helpful tips on planning for your trip.
For questions and more information, visit Point Park's OrgSync study abroad site or contact Sarah George, study abroad coordinator and director of student engagement, at 412-392-3840 or email@example.com.
Students are also welcome to stop by the Office of Student Engagement, located on the seventh floor of the Student Center.