Tuition discount for EMS responders, council
Point Park University is pleased to offer a 20 percent tuition discount to emergency medical services responders who are currently certified and to members of the Allegheny County EMS Council.
- Courses and entire degree programs offered evenings and Saturdays including our Public Administration program, which features a concentration and certificate in EMS administration.
- Employees can chose from any of our degree programs, both at the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Applicants need to complete all application requirements and be accepted into your program of choice.
- Convenience and flexibility for working adults, including some courses available online.*
- All programs are held at our Downtown Pittsburgh campus.
- If your employer offers a tuition benefit, you can defer paying the amount of the benefit until you have completed the semester and received your grades.
- If a member qualifies for another discount/ scholarship offered by Point Park, the member will not qualify for both discounts/scholarships but will receive the higher amount.
- Applicant must be an employee or an affiliated volunteer with a Pennsylvania Department of Health licensed emergency medical service, recognized Quick Response Service or VRSC rescue service in Allegheny County.
- This discount is only available for students registering as part-time or graduate students.
- Please see the important links to the left to get started.
In order to receive the discount, proof of Pennsylvania Department of Health certification in one of the following will be required:
- Emergency First Responder (FR)
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-B)
- Paramedic (EMT-P)
- Prehospital Registered Nurse (PHRN)
Take the first step and request information today!
* Fully online degree programs offered through Point Park University Online are not eligible for tuition discounts.