Help Transferring to Point Park University
Applying as a transfer student to a U.S. university doesn't have to be complicated — and it's not at Point Park University.
Please contact Point Park University's Office of International Student Services and Enrollment at:
- Phone: 1+(412) 392-4775
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 1+(412) 392-4792
Learn more about
Ours is a simple process, as everything is handled here in our ISSE Office. We're a single point of contact to help you through the entire process — from completing the application; to acceptance, scholarship and transfer credit review in house; to immigration documentation and more.
- Completed and signed application Apply Now
- Official TOEFL or IELTS results (Point Park University TOEFL Institutional Code is 2676) and/or SAT/ACT results.
- Official transcripts of previous education with English translation. Due to transcript issues, students from Ghana, Cameroon and Nigeria must go through World Education Services or International Consultants of Delaware for transcript evaluation and verification. NO ELECTRONIC TRANSCRIPTS FROM STUDENTS OR INSTITUTIONS ORIGINATING FROM CAMEROON, GHANA OR NIGERIA WILL BE PROCESSED FOR ACCEPTANCE. For more information please visit World Education Services or International Consultants of Delaware.
If applicant is currently studying at a U.S. institution, the following is also required:
- Photocopies of all previously issued I-20s
- A photocopy of the I-94 card in your passport
- A photocopy of the visa and photo pages in your passport
- Advisor Report Form for International Student Transfer, sent directly from the previous institution to Point Park University.
- TOEFL: Minimum 500 (61 Internet-based test), OR...
- IELTS: Minimum 6.0; OR...
- Two university-level English Composition courses (level 100 or higher) from a U.S. institution with final grades of "B" or higher (online composition courses WILL NOT be considered for admission purposes)
- Minimum GPA: A cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
Forward all items to:
Point Park University
International Student Services & Enrollment
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-1984, U.S.A.
English Language Proficiency
Point Park University, in partnership with ELS Language Center, provides a variety of options in English language instruction, with classes conveniently held on our Point Park campus. Successful completion of academic ELS allows you to matriculate to Point Park without taking the TOEFL or IELTS test to most of our programs.
Point Park University will also accept proof of completion of ELS Language Center's Intensive Level 112 as satisfying the requirements for English proficiency. Students who have met Point Park's normal academic requirements but have not satisfied the English requirement may apply for "conditional admission" based upon eventual completion of the required ELS Language Center level or one of Point Park's accepted standardized test scores such as the TOEFL or IELTS.
TO learn more about ELS Language Center and the possibility of conditional admission to Point Park University please visit ELS.
Check Us Out