Who is required to pay a tuition deposit?
- Full-time Undergraduate candidates taking 12 to 18 credits per semester attending classes Monday through Friday during the day and evening. Candidates include:
- Domestic (U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents)
Tuition Deposit Deadline
The universal deadline date is May 1. The deadline date in your acceptance letter is a recommended date based upon the time at which you applied and were offered admissions to Point Park. If you are unable to meet the recommended deadline date, contact your admissions counselor. Your admissions counselor contact information can also be found in your acceptance letter.
Why Pay Early?
- The $350 tuition deposit is applied directly against first-semester fees.
- Conservatory Students Only: if you have selected Point Park for your college career, it is recommended that you secure a place for the fall class by submitting a deposit by May 1. Students who submit their deposit after the 1st deadline may be placed on a wait-list. Although a wait-listed student may ultimately be admitted into the conservatory, wait-listed students cannot be guaranteed a space in the program. You deposit is fully refundable prior to May 1.
- It holds the student's spot in the incoming class. This is especially important for artistically accepted dance and theatre students who may be placed on a wait list if the deposit is submitted at a later date.
- Students depositing can register for classes as early as mid-April. As the summer months progress, classes fill quickly, and there are less classes available for students depositing after the May 1 deadline.
- Without submission of a tuition deposit, students do not receive online registration information and on-campus housing information, if applicable.
Tuition Deposit Refund Policy
- Spring semester applicants can be refunded up until and including the first day of class. The tuition deposit is non-refundable after the first day of class.
- Summer and Fall semester applicants can be refunded up until and including May 1. The tuition deposit is non-refundable after May 1.
Tuition deposit refund requests must be submitted in writing prior to or by the respective deadline dates.
Email and fax requests are accepted. See contact information.
Paying your Tuition Deposit Online
- MasterCard, Discover and eChecks are accepted. Visa and American Express are not accepted.
- The eCheck option debits funds directly from your checking account using your bank account and routing numbers.
- A non-refundable 2.55 percent service charge is added to payments made with MasterCard and Discover.
- A service charged is not assessed for eCheck payments
- Credit card and eCheck payments cannot be made over the phone
Tuition deposits paid via check or money order and sent via U.S. mail are accepted. See our mailing address.
Living on campus? Complete a
New Student Housing and Food Service Contract.